Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The notifications UI needs some fixes

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talking about the Notifications bell icon in the Creative Cloud app:

1. I now have 3 identical notifications about "Some fonts need an update..." and none of these can be removed/dismissed so they are just going to stick around forever I suppose?
2. On notifications that I CAN dismiss, there are two bugs...
2a: first, the 3 dots to click on to dismiss it always pop up overtop the rest of the UI, so that the user has to click the dots, then move the mouse up or down, then click the selection... it's hard to explain but it's just clunky UI design. And from a company that makes software to develop UI this is very ironic.
2b: on notifications about a render finishing in AE, when I do dismiss them, the notifications each pop up on my mobile device AGAIN instead of just going away quietly.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 1.42.13 PM.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drag your cc desktop window edge so it's wide enough to show the dismiss options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it's not the window edge that's cutting off the dismiss options. It appears as seen in the image in the OP. The render notification shows the dismiss options. I can make the window as large as possible and it doesn't change anything. I didn't get into detail on issue 2a, but I'm not sure why each notification item doesn't just have an X on the right that appears when hovering, to just do the same thing that either of these options would accomplish. What's also odd UI is that the dropdown marked "Everything" has options of "illustrator, photoshop, acrobat, indesign, adobe express" but the notifications themselves are from "fonts" and "after effects". Why is it showing filter options that don't include the actual apps or features that my existing notifications are from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're correct, and my error.

RE: 2a

adobe suggestions have greater effect if made elsewhere. ie, the desktop ideas forum.

RE: 2b

i don't see that when i dismiss a notification.  for that matter, i never see adobe notifications on my iphone.  i also don't see a mobile app setting about notifications (as opposed to my laptop settings which do allow me to control notifications).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andrew.hoeveler 

1. I've passed this along to the right team. We'll get this fixed.

2a: Not sure I follow the issue here - the two options that show in the spillover menu are different. Are you looking for a way to dismiss the notification without opening the spillover menu?

2b: Want to make sure I understand this issue - are you saying that you get the AE notification on your phone only after you dismiss the notification in the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kalvyn Rasquinha thanks for the response. Here's some more details to clarify:
2a: after posting this, I looked at other similar notification lists such as Dropbox, and realized that they are often the same clunky UI where the user clicks the options button (3 dots) then has to use a dropdown to select the next option. It can be troublesome because the dropdown often goes away if the cursor doesn't move very precisely. In the case of Creative Cloud notifications, why not just add an X to dismiss the notification? What is the need for a "mark as read" option if the user could simply click the notification to get more details and therefore "mark as read" by default? Or click a single button to dismiss? It would just be a much cleaner flow.
2b: The "render completed" notification DOES alert my phone when it first appears, but then it sends the same notification everytime I click the spillover menu and everytime I click "dismiss" or "mark as read". So I might end up getting 3 or more duplicated notifications on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying 2a, @andrew.hoeveler . We've passed along this feedback to the design team.

For 2b, let me follow up with the Creative Cloud mobile team to understand why this is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad regarding your comments about 2B, I could probably re-install the CC app on my Android phone to see if the problem is fixed that way. But to answer your question about notification options in the CC mobile app, if you tap on your profile pic (upper right) then you can go to preferences and there's a simple on/off slider for notifications. Other than that or the Android/iOS system-level notification controls, I think that's about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i only see

IMG_2649.png

clicking push notifications says they're already enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate