• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is currently causing problems with Photoshop.

Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean Not each App(photoshop ...etc).

Creative Cloud latest version is  6.3.0.207.

And if you look at the previous release, there's something like this in the middle.

Version 6.2.0.554 was released on May 10, 2024 (required release)

Improved user interface for viewing and managing pending application updates.
Easily view and manage credits generated from the account menu.
Use application preferences to display or hide recent files from the Home tab.
A recent section of the Home tab has been improved.
For businesses with access to Creative Cloud Edition 4, the Firefly tab has been released exclusively.
In-context purchases have been activated in Creative Cloud for Teams.
Enterprise users with Acrobat privileges can now access cloud-based documents via the Files tab.
Support for Microsoft Visual C++ 12.0 has been discontinued.
Fix bugs and technical improvements.

" Support for Microsoft Visual C++ 12.0 has been discontinued. "

I was chatting with a counselor and asked if I could get a link to the previous version but they said no.

So at the moment I'm looking for this version (6.1.0.587.7).
Try this and I think I'll see if the series of buggy situations I'm inferring are solved.

Because the current Creative Cloud is the latest version, I tried reinstalling Windows OS, but the latest version is installed unconditionally.
But if it's a problem with Creative Cloud as I suspect, I should test the previous version of this first.
(And actually I've experienced bad situations since that update point)

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Files and libraries , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the moderators see this, please change it to the Creative Cloud category. I posted it wrong on the Photoshop side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay. 

My doubts about this bug or issue have turned into conviction.
My laptop, which I sometimes use to use on the train or outdoors, is stuck in Photoshop 2023. (Creative Cloud remains around that version of course) - Photoshop version is 24.0.1 and The version of Creative Cloud is expected to be 6.1.0.5877.

And when I turned on the creative cloud on this laptop, the window popped up to update of course, and I tried updating it. (Of course I didn't install Photoshop 2024, I kept the original version photoshop what i have and only updated the Creative Cloud desktop.)

And Photoshop is broken.

Creative cloud was the right cause.
Why doesn't anyone report this? Is it only Photoshop affected?
I don't know because I don't use premiers or other adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to see the versions available:  use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I've already checked. I didn't provide a specific release at any point in time.

I also asked my fellow retoucher to update their creative cloud to the latest version (all of them mostly use Photoshop 2022 or 2023. Even if I used 2024, I kept about 25.1 version of my creative cloud version, as I don't need to update often).

And I immediately saw that all Photoshop versions were ruined (even if I didn't install a new Photoshop)

This is a pretty big bug.
Why doesn't anyone report this?
I think everyone misunderstands that this is a Photoshop bug. (Bugs like request select model now)
This was a bug created by the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's clear you're seeking a previous cc desktop app version but it's not clear why.  if it's because you're having trouble opening photoshop, do you have ps beta installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-ps-error-could-not-complete-your-request-s...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/can-creative-cloud-libraries-broken-photosho...

I inferred the cause of this bug as well as some bugs with Creative Cloud updates, and that's what I thought was almost certain.

And No, I don't use beta. i don't have.

That's what I had a question about.
I've been using Photoshop for the past few years and I've reported pretty big bugs, and they always only affected that version. Even though the official release was such a dangerous bug that it was going to disrupt distribution, it only affected that version.

But the issue in recent months has been very strange that other sub-photoshop versions (even versions from other years) all affect it.
Even reinstalling Windows OS was the same thing. (Of course. Creative cloud is always installed with the latest version. There's no point in reinstalling OS.)

@Sameer K  @CoryShubert 

Can you ask the team to investigate about this?
Currently, Creative Cloud affects Photoshop's overall version. (I don't know because I don't use adobe programs other than Photoshop.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't you read my article?
Like the threads I've linked, I've had some bugs around 25.5 or 25.6 based on the Photoshop version.
And the bug was one that affected Photoshop versions of other years as well as Photoshop versions of that year, and it was a bug even after reinstalling Windows OS.
If it's a bug in Photoshop, the problem has to be fixed if you don't use that version, but I was very puzzled that it even affects Photoshop versions from other years.
And I found out that it was caused by Creative Cloud, not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by "creative cloud".  the cc desktop app?  some background app?  some cc service?  something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the complete fix for the cc desktop app:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials>

if that fails, you probably have a corrupt user account. google your os and how to create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you are trying to help me as a Community Expert and thank you for this.
But you still don't seem to understand my report.
Already I've tried clean reinstallation and resetting for a few months, even reinstalling Windows OS and replacing the CPU.
But I've seen that it affects all Photoshop versions, and I've found that's what caused the latest Creative Cloud release.
Therefore, the reinstallation is meaningless at the moment. (As I mentioned earlier, I've already told you that even if you're using the old Creative Cloud+old Photoshop version without any problems, it'll get damaged if you just update the Creative Cloud version.)

So this has nothing to do with the latest Photoshop version, the previous Photoshop version and it's an issue that needs to be investigated from the creative cloud developer side. (Already outside the boundaries of the measures we can take)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe use the cc desktop ideas forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this the right category?

I thought the creative cloud was in this category. Also this is a report of a bug that is not a suggestion or my idea.

I have already sufficiently presented the reproduction process, possible cause, release date, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that will be a stretch because most of us don't have.the problem you're describing, but you're free to post in the cc desktop bugs forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know if I'm going through it or not, because the creative cloud update is already going on, and we're installing the latest version release.

And we don't know if most people are experiencing it or not. Because fewer users (both ordinary and professional) who use Photoshop are aware of any inconvenience or issue that it's a bug. And fewer people in the Adobe community are doing this and reporting bugs on purpose.
That's why, as you say, it may seem like some people are reporting, but you can't fragment it like that.

So while I appreciate your suggestions and comments, I wonder what it really means for someone to say "I'm not" every time I or other users report a bug. It's a bit exhausting to see something like that.

And eventually, the bugs are fixed.

Maybe that's what I imagine, but then it shouldn't have anything to do with the version update on Creative Cloud. But it does.
That's why it's a reasonable cause inference and I reported this.

Therefore, I know that the moderators of the community are working hard and helping the users a lot, and thank you for this.
But I have a small wish that you would be more immersed in what I or others are reporting.
And I wrote it one more time to inform the cory of beta forum.

With this, I don't think we need to proceed further with our conversation. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-desktop-discussions/creative-cloud-is-currently-causin...

<Short Summary>
I'm guessing that the current bugs in Photoshop (including Beta) are those derived from the Creative Cloud, not those originating from Photoshop.
I tested it myself, and the latest version of Creative Cloud pollutes previous versions of Photoshop as well

I left a post on beta forum but I think it's been deleted or maybe because of an error.
So Once again, I'm writing.

It has been confirmed that bugs such as Select Subject Classifier model not loaded correctly / "Can't write new document presets file" appear based on the Creative Cloud version, not Photoshop itself.
Even if we don't change the Photoshop version (2022, 2023), we have confirmed that if we change only the Creative Cloud to the latest version, the recent bugs will be applied to the lower version as it is.
Also, I couldn't avoid those bugs even if I reinstalled Windows OS because Creative Cloud is always installed with the latest version, regardless of the Photoshop version (and of course the latest version 2024).

There needs to be an investigation into this.
I asked my colleagues as well as me to update the Creative Cloud (I remember they probably haven't updated it since January or February of this year), and immediately after the update, I checked the Photoshop stuff that was ruined.

So it looks like a bug that originated from the creative cloud, not from Photoshop's own bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry Your post was merged into a larger thread related to this issue. please stop multi-posting for the same issue. This is a community forum moderated by users, not direct Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin Stohlmeyer  I just wrote a new one because they told me to write it in the right forum. =(

Also, I'm well aware that this community is not directly supported by Adobe. And what I've reported is the cause and content of the bug. The bug threads are checked and answered by Adobe employees and developers themselves.

I'm not sure why both of you Community Expert keep moving bug reporting threads.
I raised doubts about a series of problems that Photoshop might be the cause, not the root cause, but the creative cloud desktop, and I was able to report it with certainty by testing it myself.
These series of processes are helpful and helpful for developers to fix bugs.

I am well aware of what Community Expert is doing, but please see the purpose of my thread's reporting.
Reproduction process, cause analysis, suspicion, specific release, etc
It has everything they(Adobe) need for bug analysis.

These detailed causes must be reported to be quickly corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry 

it's unlikely anyone from adobe will read/check this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad  Yes. Because the thread has been moved. They check both official release forums and beta forums for bug tabs.

Let's be clear.

1. Have I posted on the same topic many times?

: Yes. I rewrote it because you told me to post on the right forum.

2. Did I write something meaningless?

: No. This is an accurate bug reporting thread. I've deduced the cause and even guessed a specific release. I've also tested that Creative Cloud generates it, regardless of the version of Photoshop.

If anyone is going through this, it's giving a key that it might not be a problem with Photoshop itself and I tested it with a clear rationale.
Conditions for bug reporting threads.

3. Was I rude?

: No. I've done that before, and I've also continued to thank the two Community Experts who are currently responding to my thread, and I've said it carefully.
I politely explained my opinion and cause speculation, problem solving, and bug reporting.
But both of you Community Experts don't seem to respect me at all

4. This community is a community of users.

: yes and no. Adobe employees and developers are also active in several bug threads and receive feedback when the new release opens.
Yes. This is a community created by users, but direct bug reports have also been made over the past few years.
There was a bug report long before it was converted to the current community adobe.
As a result, I have never violated the purpose of the community now.

5. it's unlikely anyone from adobe will read/check this thread.

: Like I said, I can't help it if my thread gets buried. But I usually check it in bug threads. But the thread has been moved, and right now the two Community Experts are just saying negative things about the category of my writing and that this is not going to be checked by anyone.
There's one reason why I've been reporting this bug and seeing it fixed for the past few years as well as this bug.
I know the same users like me are experiencing inconvenience, and if someone makes up their mind and reports, it will be fixed.
And if this report is buried, it will also lag behind in fixing the problem.
So I'm reporting not for me, but for the inconvenience (bug-free) experience of ordinary adobe users, including myself.

Therefore, I am always grateful that the two Community Experts are working hard and working as volunteers in the community.
But I'm very embarrassed.
I report a bug and hear "no one is going to watch this thread" for the first time.
Just as I respect you both politely, I want you to respect the purpose of my writing and why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't know who moved it but i know the ps people love to agglomerate posts (which i hate).

if i move a post i leave a message saying that and noting where it was moved from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines