• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't close Creative Cloud Desktop app?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just updated to the new CC app, looks nicer than the tiny old one. But one problem - you can't close it. With the old app, you could right-click on the icon in the task tray and choose "Close" to close the app. The new one doesn't have a right-click 😞

Request: Please add a right-click with close option to the task tray icon.

(running on Windows 10)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to request a feature, post here - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

p.s.  you can always use task manager to close a wayward program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just restarts when you close it with task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same I had to close them manually everytime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting that we have to request CLOSING THE PROGRAM as a feature? When you click close, the executables should end. Furthermore, there are 10 different Adobe programs running. I've disabled it at startup in both task manager, preferences and the services.msc and yet Adobe is basically trying to run my computer without consent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? This is ridiculous. I ended up fully uninstalling all Adobe services. There's a lot of competitors available that are starting to have minimal downsides to Adobe these days -- and their despicable practice of ignoring this issue has finally broken the last tiny bit of respect I had for the company. Quite frankly, it is simply easier dealing with competitors these days than the anti-consumer practices by Adobe here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First Restart your system then test your method.

If you still don't see the exit, or on my system it is Quit, then try the 3 DOTS on the upper right hand corner of the app window. Click those and select Exit or Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I have restarted just to confirm. There is no quit/exit from the tray icon (no right-click at all). The old app (vertical display of cloud apps) had the 3 dots in the top-right corner. The new app (horizontal, wrapped display of cloud apps) doesn't have the 3 dots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version number of you CC app? You find that by going to the 3 DOTS and select preferences. But if you don't have the 3 dots you can't get there. Your install of the CC app is corrupted. You need to uninstall and reinstall. The newest version end in 504, released in July. There has not been any other updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe I'm not corrupted, you're just running an old version 😄 I've got version 5.0.0.354 - it's got a totally different layout to the last version. It auto-updated on me I think last week. (I didn't select a preview build or anything, it just must be the latest standard release)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running a version that has not been released yet. See my screenshot above and this link https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html to the Release Notes for the CC desktop App. The version you say you are running is not listed. I have no idea where or how you got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had version 4 installed, and it literally did an auto-update and then I had the new version. LOL. Classic Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same version as you... It's Ctrl+W or click on "File" then "Exit Creative Cloud"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this does seem to be the only way I've found to close it also. I was just hoping for a right-click on the task tray icon with a close option - just as version 4 had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those looking at this thread. This is the answer ^^^^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sma-s4s,  You can just close through the cross inon and UI will go into the background.  If that is not happening  please do let me know and I will be happy to help you. 

Thanks, 

Vikas Talwar 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? The Cross (Better known as a X) does NOT CLOSE the CC desktop app (Neither on Windows or Mac) all it does is Close the CC DTA Window, not the actual program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We dont want to put it in the background, we want to close the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open CC Desktop App.

Click the 3 dots icon beside your avatar and select QUIT.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, its 2022, why does this problem still exist, noone wants some always open app, we want to close it when we are done using it like we do for literally every other app. If this is something you guys view as a feature then I'm just not going to stay subscribed to this service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried that?

Ctrl+W or click on "File" then "Exit Creative Cloud"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boggles the mind, doesn't it? 😛

This is a standard and basic feature, that every app running in the task tray has.

I'm not sure how the original version didn't ship with this, letalone how after 3 years it still doesn't exist.

My only thought is that the main user base of Adobe products is Apple/Mac products, and they have a different paradigm.

But on Windows, you have a right-click -> Exit feature, as standard. It's not rocket science.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why did my username change 😕

And why can you not edit posts?

I feel like I'm living in the 90's, before people knew how to internet. Classic Adobe.

Anyway, I was going to edit my post and say that currently in my task tray, I have 13 apps, and 12 of them have right-click exit - the only one that doesn't is the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you all are posting to an almost 3 year old thread. and if you want to request a feature, use the link in my first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines