Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop - App tab keeps loading

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Something I experience since yesterday. In my "creative cloud desktop" app, I am unable to see my installed apps anymore. I get this spinning icon with then the message that "loading takes longer then usual".
Even in the creative cloud preferences, the section "app" is greyed out. This is where can you enable or disable the "update options " for your apps.

What is even more strange is the fact that when I login into a webbrowser, Firefox or Safari, I get the same thing when I navigate to the apps section while in the webbrowser. So my guess is, it is not on my computer side? I even tested this out, after creating a new user account, and still the same thing happens.  Even when I go with my iPad to the Adobe website and I login, I have the same thing.

I removed and reinstalled the creative cloud desktop app, after i tried a repair with the specific Adobe app to remove or repair Creative Cloud app. I rebooted my workstation numerous times

I am using the latest macOS Sonoma version, on a Apple M1 desktop machine.

I already had a chat with customer service, and they will have look at it, but perhaps somebody has a solution?

TOPICS
Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Problem solved!  I quote an Adobe employee:

"Hi everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience. There a minor content update that was done that inadvertently caused a bigger issue. The change has been reverted so the Apps tab should be functional again. If you're still seeing the issue, try "Help > Check for updates" in the Creative Cloud app and see if that resolves the issue."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you offered a choice of profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, only my own profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support.  there are 2 ways to contact adobe support; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem. At first photoshop beta showed that I needed to get an update, but then everything stopped working. I mean downloading updates.
I have one profile. Everything worked fine, but since yesterday it stopped and it also says long loading of applications. And if this happens to different users, then it means that the problem is not with desktop computers, but with ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had an extensive chat with support. They even took over my screen so I could show exactly what happens.
I have 2 user profiles: personal account (because i had a subscription for indiviual until january 2024) and a profile for my business account, which started on january 2024. the personal account i never use anymore, as there is no subscription on that account active, only on my business acount.

When i sign in on the website … i am able to see my apps in the "apps tab" on the webbrowser, when I click on my personal account, but I cannot see my apps in the "apps tab" when i click on my business acount. I get the same spinning icon issue like I have on my creative cloud desktop app.  The support confirmed it has to be glitch on Adobe's side. Fact that it happens on the webbrowser itself also, proves it's not due to my creative cloud desktop app (on macos). I did reinstall the creative cloud app, after removing it with the tool provided, but issues remains.

They will contact the backend to see where the problem lays. Fact that some users report the same thing, makes me confident it has to be an issue on Adobe's side. They will give me a call tomorrow, but due to time difference (i'm located in belgium, europe) it will be from my point of view later in the evening.

Certainly they said it's a problem with a deeper conflict on the backend side.  Fact that other users report this issue on basically the exact same time as I experience makes me believe it has to be a server kinda glitch.

I keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Beeckaert 

thanks for the info. and yes, keep us updated when you learn more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zelfde probleem...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully, in the next 8 hours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same. The application loads and nothing happens. When I go to the browser, the programs appear. Adobe definitely messed something up during the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the apps load in the webbrowser aswell, still not in my creative cloud app desktop however … still, it's an improvement so far, as nothing worked this weekend, meaning webbrowser and desktop app.  Adobe should  give me a call in about an hour … i'm curious 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Beeckaert 

i'm more than curious. 

please keep this updated.  you're helping many people with your info, not just the ones posting in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I always have the feeling when encountering this kind off things like "i am the only one in the world that encounters this" 🙂 … still, in the wait of Adobe's call (and I do hope they do call, they usually do) … I removed the desktop app with the official uninstaller, and then reinstalled the whole thing … still same however … so I guess, and this is just my guess, they will need to squeeze a bug in their app or something, but this is just my 2 cents really. I surely will keep you people updated. Adobe users united. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe on chatsupport with my casenumber. They didn't call me yet, and probably won't today. The case has been escalated to the senior team. Adobe is aware of the problem, so they said, and are working on a fix. So as far I can tell, there IS actually a bug currently. They will keep me informed asap. Not more I can tell now really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved!  I quote an Adobe employee:

"Hi everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience. There a minor content update that was done that inadvertently caused a bigger issue. The change has been reverted so the Apps tab should be functional again. If you're still seeing the issue, try "Help > Check for updates" in the Creative Cloud app and see if that resolves the issue."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the creative cloud. Everything works! I am very happy! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem resolved pretty much on schedule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything works fine. Everyone makes mistakes. The main thing is not to panic. The one who does nothing does NOT make mistakes!
Thanks for the correction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines