• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many years ago, Adobe claimed that Apps would be equal

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back "in the day" as you'll say, Adobe bought up a lot of fledgling companies and their tech.  Adobe added a lot of applications, now called apps because of this.  When Adobe was buying out other companies, they said "all applications will be interchangable".  Well today 25 years later they are not.  Illustrator and Photoshop have different tools.  Premiere Pro and After Effects have different tools.  So the core Adobe products in 2024 still are not the same???  That is correct, they do not.  I sold my Adobe stock, but any stockholder should claim fowl and Corporate mgt.

TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe was buying out other companies, they said "all applications will be interchangable".  

...any stockholder should claim fowl (sic) and Corporate mgt.

By @chadw59613595

I've been using Adobe applications for 35 years and don't recall ever hearing "all applications will be interchangeable". I don't even see how that could happen! Each app is unique and serves a specific purpose. When Creative Suite started shipping, some things were changed for consistency, such as shortcuts and the location of the zero point. I don't see anything foul here.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

of course they have different tools.  they're different apps that perform differnt functions.  you would hardly expect and text editor to be part of a sound editor.

it's the organization of meus, the use of panels and the ability to import a file created from one app into (some) other apps that creates the adobe ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines