• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New User Windows 10 - lots of NGL Client temp files filling Temp folders

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, new to CC Desktop. Installed and works. Set preferences. Installed Bridge to test before buying a Photography Subscription.

I get an awful lot of temps files and folders. I thought I had read the Adobe CC only checks for Genuine Software infrequently. The Scheduled Task in windows shows every 6 hours. But I get things much more often.

I have paused syning as I do not use the cloud. Would prefer to disable rather than pause. Some of the files are from CoreSync.

Not all of the are the same. DO note names and timestamps.

Let's share a few images. Would appreciate learning what is wrong and how to either minimize these or have a way the unused are automatically deleted. I am very savvy so get technical if needed. Thanks!

1adobe.JPG2adobe.JPG3 adobe.JPG4adobe.JPG

TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pause remains in effect through computer restarts, so it's more a stopthan pause.

after a cc desktop update, check if you need to pause again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. but much more important is all these continuing temp files and how ofyten they are created. I much more need to know what to do about them.

They should have named PAUSE to STOP then, but again, I'd like help with how to stop all these temp files that do not delete themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, delete your temp files:

open settings > system > storage > temporary files > remove files

kglad_0-1693235596768.png

then restart your computer

confirm your cc app sync is still paused

and then check to see if temp files are still being created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some TEMP files I prefer NOT to delete. And these seems to be created, at least for the most part, by KLIcense Checks, NOT CoreSync. So I think you might be looking in the wrong place.

Do you know for sure that sync is creating these? I'd like advice from experience rather than trying things at random. No offense. Perhaps you have first hand experience on this but appears you might be looking at the wrong cause.

And if it is licensing checks, it is running MUCH too often, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what all is creating your temp files, but if you want to leave them alone, then leave them.

just 

restart your computer

confirm your cc app sync is still paused

and then check to see if temp files are still being created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have restarted many times and confirmed Sync always paused. Files keep getting created.

Can anyione else help find what and why these temps fiels are being created? And if License Checks, why are they running so often?

Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW @kglad, I KNEW this to be the case, but

first, delete your temp files:

open settings > system > storage > temporary files > remove files

Does not remove ANY of the files created by Adobe. Have you ever tried it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i never tried it before.  i tried it now and didn't notice anything NGL being deleted so i directly deleted everything other than todays files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you tried it. Perhaps in the future you might present that and similar as it might help clear those temp files rather than presenting it as a fact and a solution. And of course, my real question is what is creating these and how can I at least minimize the creation of these files, not how can I delete them.

Anyone else have any first hand experience of these or know why it seems License Checks are so frequent?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more temp files now in more folders continue to build everyday. Never seem to drop off. Will still like to know what causes these, especially com.adobe.dunamis log files that are created when ANY CC app is opened and how to automatically keep these more tidy. No reason these all should be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These all subsided after my last post and were self purging anything older than 7 days. Was working fine. After the last or perhaps one before last Creative Cloud update, they no longer auto-purge.

The Task that appears to check for Valid License runs twice a day and I would think that was what was keeping the files under control, but no longer. And it is more than these two directories, but these are the worst offenders.

Does auto purging there still work for anyone else? Andy ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines