• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1T is starting to feel small, and Adobe has no solution

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearing 900GB in my 1T cloud storage plan with Adobe -- I bought into the idea because I use multiple computers, and love the idea of it being everywhere -- and auto uploads from the iPhone, what's not to love? 

Well I found out what's not to love -- there's no way to go beyond 1T.  I'm happy to pay a reasonable price for more storage, but it's not possible.   Adobe, if you're going to offer cloud storage to professional photographers who think of throwing away 52MP RAW files just like burning negative -- you need to offer storage that meets the demands that professionals have.  I'm disappointed honestly.  I don't want to deal with some stuff here, and some stuff there.

Absent a solution that works, I'm going to have to go with Lightroom Classic, and use Google for my cloud storage.  They offer multiple terabytes, and pretty cheaply too.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<remembers how excited she was to get a 10 MB hard drive. winces in old f*rt>

You can try making a suggestion at the wishform, but leaving a message here isn't likely to help. Adobe employees are not regular posters on this forum, and the ones who are are not in charge of decisions on things like this. Most of us are fellow users of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh --me too.  I used to run a datacenter with millions of dollars of VAX hardware -- and a row of 425MB RA81 drives -- maybe 10G worth in total.  That I have 4TB in my laptop is just mind-boggling to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe cloud storage is not meant for long time storage.  It is for providing a means to transfer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this documented someplace?  Maybe I need to rethink my workflow whereby I keep everything sync'd with google drive -- I have 2TB there for $10/mo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No official Adobe documents, but:

Adobe Creative Cloud: Final verdict

Adobe Creative Cloud is the best and perhaps only cloud-based creative solution in the market. However, it falls fairly short when judged simply as a cloud storage solution. This is because the cloud storage platform itself is meant to serve as an extension to the rich creativity suite, rather than as a permanent storage solution in its own right.

from here:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/adobe-creative-cloud-review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that it would be a perfectly fine long term solution -- if you stay within limits.  They could choose to sell more storage for an appropriate fee, but choose not to.  Sigh.  It's back to doing it manually.  I'll transition off to another solution before the renewal comes due.  Thanks for the article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For file storage, I use externals, portable flash drives and a dedicated cloud backup & recovery service called Backblaze (unlimited storage for $6/month). 

My CC storage is used to sync and share files between devices and collaborate with colleagues only.  I don't use CC for permanent file storage.   See below for more details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very happy to report that Adobe now has a solution for this -- 1TB, 3TB and so on.  The 3TB was quoted as an addition $30/mo.  I can live with that.  I forget what the other tiers are, but 3TB will last be a Very Long Time Indeed.

So -- I don't need to scramble to either delete digital negatives or split my library up.  Thank you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it figured out; that's good to hear. The ability to add more storage to your plan has been around for a few years, but it's not completely obvious how to do it... Here's the help page:

How do I upgrade my cloud storage?

If you need more storage, you can purchase extra storage plans through your Adobe ID account. For instructions, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/upgrade-creative-cloud-storage.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an option shown to me.  I live in the US and have the 1TB photo plan.  If it's an option, it really should be displayed as an option.  Not sure why not, but it's not -- heaven knows I've tried!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@roblembree 

But you just posted that you found a solution and now have 3 TB of Cloud storage?

Did you have to add that by calling in, instead of online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to use a portable Sata docking station and SEVERAL 'bare' drives for backup
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I would like to upgrade for bigger storage, the upgrading appears only a half of second, the I receive a notifications telling me that the upgrading is not available to my country, why! we have a lot of CC suscribers! What can be wrong not offering this service to some countries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this not work for you?

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/upgrade-creative-cloud-storage.html

Which country are you in? Surprised that if CC plans are offered, storage add-ons wouldn't be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines