• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

%20 in the name of files instead of spaces

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with the Web Creative Cloud. When files are being downloaded, there are weird characters appearing in the file name instead of spaces. For example, is the name of the document is "Report File" it will display as "Report%20File". It's really time consuming to change all the file names back. Is this something I can fix? Thanks!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's standard html encoding for all files uploaded and downloaded from the internet. check the "avoid spaces" paragraph here, https://instr.iastate.libguides.com/datashare/filenames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @kglad said, that's how the Internet works.  Best advice, avoid using spaces and other special characters in filenames.  But you may safely use underscores_ or hyphens- between words if needed. 

CamelCase naming is sometimes used on cAsE sEnSiTiVe networks & platforms. But I don't recommend it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines