• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a pdf to Adobe Portfolio Website

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a couple of websites using Adobe Poertfolio and I'm pleased with them andv the app.

But how do I add a downloadable pdf to the site. I've converted it to a jpg and put it on the site but it's not the answer I want. A pdf can have links in it and is preferable to a jpg for a document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Hi LooselyChipped,

I'm moving this question to Get Started from Community Help. 

Portfolio does not accept PDF files as they are not web-compatible.  As a workaround, upload your PDF to a file sharing site like Dropbox.  Place an external link to it on your Portfolio project page.

https : // example . com / my_dropbox_file . pdf

See link below for details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042603434-Creating-a-download-link

Hopefully your target audience have PDF viewers in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LooselyChipped,

I'm moving this question to Get Started from Community Help. 

Portfolio does not accept PDF files as they are not web-compatible.  As a workaround, upload your PDF to a file sharing site like Dropbox.  Place an external link to it on your Portfolio project page.

https : // example . com / my_dropbox_file . pdf

See link below for details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042603434-Creating-a-download-link

Hopefully your target audience have PDF viewers installed on their devices.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good thought, but I think I will stick with uploading a jpg of the document directly to Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours of trying, I've found out: you have two options:

Upload to Scribd, and get the embed code. Or:

This another mettod you will need to open the PDF with InDesign. If you can, inside InDesign, access File > Publish Online. After upload, click to open, it will open on a website. On the footer, there will be a button called "Embed".

Inside Adobe Portfolio, just paste the embed code in the proper location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedded code means your content will appear inside an <iframe>.  Depending on content, this may or may not be acceptable.  Test it and decide for yourself.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for finding that solution. Sorry you spent hours on it! I've actually uploaded jpgs. It's not as good but it's simple and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not your fault, it's ok, I really needed it. Decided to post here to help others. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock Luiz_Moraes! I was just trying to upload an interactive pdf to my adobe portfolio and couldn't figure out how til I saw your answer - worked like a charm! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no idea what kind of a hero you are for figuring this out, I spent a day trying to figure this out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my solution .. i have another website so it has hosting space .. so i uploaded my pdf to that server and bc i also needed to lock few pages.. and remain some pages opened for viewing.. i just pasted the link to external.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is very simple. Add a page "Resume" to the navigation as an "External Link." Then put in your share link to your cloud drive of choice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines