Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Administrative rights for synchronisation of files in CC

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get a synchronisation issue in the Synchronisation tab of the preferences of Adobe CC. The message is: "You do not have access to the features of the synchronization preferences. - Authorization from your IT administrator may be required."

I am on a Windows system (last version of Windows 10) and I am the adminstrator. I have an individual account on Adobe site without subscription. The softwares that I bought or got from Adobe are Photoshop CC 2014, Photoshop Elements 2021 and Première Elements 2021, Acrobat Pro DC, Bridge 2021.

Is someone has an idea on how to fix this issue?

Thank you!

Michel

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi kglad,

I just received an email from Adobe support giving me a new answer to my problen of synchronization of Creative Cloud. I reproduce it here because that fix the issue in 1 minute.

"In order to fix the problem with creative cloud. 

First you need to close all the adobe applications which are opened on your end and sign out from creative cloud as well.

After that you need to navigate to the location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\serviceconfig.xml

There rename the f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad for this info.

Unfortunately, I didn't find something on this internet page to fix my issue. You can see in the screenshots below that I don't have any file actually to synch on Adobe CC site. So, it's not a syntax error, especially since the displayed error message in CC is linked to administrative rights ... that I have.

If you have an other cue, do not hesitate.

Michel

PS: Thank also for the information about the images to include in the posts of this forum.

Files in CC folder on my laptop.JPGSynced files on Adobe account.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quit (file>exit cc>quit) the cc app

right click the cc exe file (not a shortcut) in

C:\program files\adobe\adobe creative cloud\acc\creative cloud.exe

and click "run as administrator"

retry accessing preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did klag.. It could have worked, but same result. Next step please?

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1614620203065.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad! If I get a solution from an agent of Adobe, I will post it here.

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

I contacted last Tuesday (23-03-2021) an Agent of Adobe according to the instructions you gave me. Surprisingly, I get an Agent promptly. But after more than 3 hours to Chat with successively more than 10 Agents with different levels, and 2 remote sessions on my computer, the problem of synchronisation was not resolved. The last Agent has suggested me than an other Agent call me back in french language, since I speak with difficulty in english. So, I wait...

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the follow-up.  hope there's more after the next agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

I just received an email from Adobe support giving me a new answer to my problen of synchronization of Creative Cloud. I reproduce it here because that fix the issue in 1 minute.

"In order to fix the problem with creative cloud. 

First you need to close all the adobe applications which are opened on your end and sign out from creative cloud as well.

After that you need to navigate to the location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\serviceconfig.xml

There rename the file serviceconfig.xml to serviceconfig_old.xml

Re-Open the creative cloud desktop application, it should be working fine then."

It was so simple though... So, I don't need to remove Creative Cloud since the synchronization of my documents is ok now. However, I was too quick to mark Nancy O'Shea's answer below as the correct answer. May be it will be confusing for a reader of this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much for the follow up. (i've copied your answer to help me help others.)

i unmarked nancy's answer and marked yours as correct.  but there can be more than 1 correct answer so if you want to also mark her answer as correct you can do that.  and you can also mark helpful answers by "like"ing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Photoshop CC 2014 is an older version of Creative Cloud.  A paid subscription is required to use it.  No subscription, no service. 
  • The same goes for the latest Acrobat Pro DC.
  • PS and PR Elements are a one time purchase.
  • Bridge is free.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy O'Shea,

Thank you for this explanation!

You wrote "No subscription, no service". It's good to know. In my opinion, it could be clearer and this would avoid a great waste of time if this sentence appears clearly in Creative Cloud rather than this message: "You do not have access to the features of the synchronization preferences. - Authorization from your IT administrator may be required."

So, Creative Cloud is a software useless for me. Can I suppress it without problems for my standalone or free Adobe softwares?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michel6755,

Fellow product users have no idea what you are enrolled in. That information is in your Adobe account portal online.  Log-in at https://account.adobe.com/plan  or https://account.adobe.com/products

"You do not have access to the features of the synchronization preferences. - Authorization from your IT administrator may be required."

=======

That error message sounds like you or someone who used your computer had been enrolled in a Creative Cloud Enterprise plan from work or school.  If true, you should contact that organization's IT dept for assistance.

Otherwise, run the Creative Cloud Cleaner tools below to remove unwanted Adobe products from your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines