• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC Cloud file management seems horrible

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to CC after hanging on to CS6 forever. My expereince with cloud file management is pretty horrible so far:

1. So there is Creative Cloud Files and Cloud Documents which took a while to work out the difference even after reading the documentation several times. The word "File" is synonomous with "Document" why does Adobe think this naming is in any way helpful. Why are they two completely different things anyway? Surely they should be integrated. Who wants to keep their project files spread accross two different systems?
  2. The experience for cloud saving is different in every app, different UI and different features. There seems to be no way to view/create Cloud Document folders for example in Adobe XD, just one long mess of a list, growing by the day. In Photoshop I eventually found a randomly placed button for Cloud Documents in the open/save dialogue boxes. I can create folders from here but I can't see any files in a folder that arn't photoshop files.
  3. I think Cloud Documents is meant to offer file versioning (Adobe doesn't seem to support native Apple file versioning). I can get this to work in XD but not Photoshop. Illustrator and InDesign don't seem to support Cloud Documents at all so I guess that means no autosave and file versioning for them? That's pretty annoying as I've found Illustrator is still prone to crashing. InDesign still recovers a document after a crash just like it has for a long time but this seems like an old feature unrelated to Cloud Documents (and never implemented in any other app).
  4. There doesn't seem to be a centralised native app for file managment. Bridge describes itself as "centralized access to all of the files and assets to need for creative projects" but it looks like maybe its only really for photos, the UI looks ancient (is it being actively developed?) and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Cloud Documents. I have found a clunky web app (no drag and drop?!) which wasn't obvious to find and doesn't feel very integrated to any applications.

Urgh it all just feels like a mess. I really expected something a lot better for the price. Do professional organisations really use the cloud file management features to organise their work? Am I missing something crucial?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original post is old but I just wanted share my two cents. The Creative Cloud is hard to get around for organizations so the subscription for the software is heavily used.

The cloud storage on the other hand is not used by a single person I know. I tried using it briefly about a year ago and then couldn't access my files half the time. They just wouldn't open. The other half that I could open took forever to open. I was using the CC library to organize and access brand assets like color, logos, etc for years and it worked fine until about 6 months ago when it mashed all my assets together and didn't separate them as I had set them up, into the different brands, making the library useless.

Now I recomment that you do not save your files to the Adobe Cloud if you can help it. I'm currently teaching a class where several of my students saved their files to Adobe Cloud, because of the convenience and the constant barrage of pop up windows pushing users towards using the cloud, but now they can't access them and are opting to redo their files to make their deadlines. It's just incredibly unreliable. I recommend using another cloud service to save your files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to mention that it hasn't been improved and is still completely unusable and unreliable. I am also having the same problems with the comment above- can't access my files and  am now having to redo them. 2024 and still no solution sad to see considering the price and name adobe holds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't access my files and  am now having to redo them.

By @Sam35183713xi17

Please see Schofield's Second Law:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/follow-schofields-three-laws-of-computing-and-avoid-disasters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines