• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CEF Helper.Exe running in Processes

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 instances of Adobe CEF Helper running all the time.  Each using a different amount of memory. CPU usage goes from 48% down to Zero and then fluctuates up and down.  Ending the process works for 5 seconds, then they start up again.  Creative Cloud is running in the background, because I lose all my Adobe fonts if it's not, but no other Adobe programs are active.  There are many Adobe processes running:

Adobe Desktop
AdobeIPCBroker
AdobeUpdateService
CoreSync
CCLibrary
Creative Cloud Helper
CreativeCloud

Why do so many of these processes need to run when nothing is active.  I can understand how the process will start when I run Photoshop or Dreamweaver, but why don't they close when the program closes.  These processes eat more memory than all the others that are running.  Adobe Desktop eats 265,000 k.  Just one instance of CEF Helper eats 116,000 k the other 3 eat 201,000k  combined. Google searches show many posts but few solutions.  One suggested the CEF Helper couldn't write to a log file and suggested a search into User/appdata/local/Adobe/Creative Cloud/log to see if the folder was there.  It's not.  There is no Creative Cloud folder under Adobe in appdata/local. 

Does anyone have a solution or a suggestion?  Thank you.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for expressing it well.  There are precious few reasons that could be invented to explain why a helper, update etc program keeps running when there is nothing running to help or update.  Adobe programs should be designed to shut down cleanly and completely.  Memory is always in short supply - wasting it is ridiculous and sloppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regrettably, there is no answer from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add one more really angry Adobe user.  These processes, which I knew nothing about, ended up crashing my Time Machne backup.  I do not want these processes running in my system.  All I wanted was Photo and Video Editor, none of the Adobe Cloud BS.  If I don't find a solution quick, I'm out of Adobe permanently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Coresync is the biggest culprit, and has been for a year plus.

It singlehandedly tanks everything on my computer. Without fail, if I ever suspect Photoshop is lagging, or Unreal Engine isn't compiling fast enough, or Windows Explorer hangs up on opening folders--I will check to see if Coresync is running. Sure enough, I close it out, everything snaps right back to working order.

But the kicker is despite closing Coresync from task manager, it comes right back. You have to shut down the Creative Cloud app as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like this thing keeps relaunching itself.  It's always in the top 3 memory users.  I even go into airplane mode and it looks like it still is trying to do stuff. 
Microsoft Office Click to Run - whatever that is - is doing the same thing.  

My poor computer that supposedly has 16 GB of ram just failed halfway though a recording session because of this background junk and I'm not even using any Adobe stuff. 

Do I have to uninstall it and reinstall it next time I use Audition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned my computer on today and things didn't work. The only error message said that CCXProcess was broke and could not be opened. I have solved the other problems by signing in to the offending systems, Microsoft. I have updated the Mac OS, updated Photoshop and everything now works except CCXProcess and Photoshop. When I open Photoshop I get the Message that CCXProcess is broken and can't be opened. Photoshop works about half as well as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines