• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE collabration sync.exe is not releasing folders

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get "Folder in Use by another program" error when trying to deleting a folder in Windows 10.  I now figured out that the issue is with AdobeCollabSync.exe program.  Whenever i view or open a pdf folder, this program takes over and doesn't releases it. So the folder becomes locked up.  I have to go into the system process and kill this program to release the folder.  

Is there a fix for this?

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, AdobeCollabSync.exe is one of Adobe's worst bits of junkware. At work, we use software that regenerates PDFs frequently. However, on the second attempt at generation, the program says it cannot access the folder. This is despite the fact the PDF file was closed in Acrobat DC, and even Acrobat DC itself has been closed! A quick check in Windows Resource Monitor shows that AdobeCollabSync still has a handle on the file or folder [in the CPU tab, search for your file/folder name in the Associated Handles "Search Handles" box]. Killing the AdobeCollabSync process in Windows Task Manager instantly allows our program to rewrite its PDF files again. The semi-permanent solution is simple:
1) Kill the AdobeCollabSync processs in the Details pane of Windows Task Manager.
2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\ and rename AdobeCollabSync.exe to AdobeCollabSync-JUNK.exe. 
3) Click the Windows Start button, type Startup, and select Startup Apps. Turn off AdobeCollabSync.
Note that if Acrobat DC receives an update, it will reinstate a new copy of AdobeCollabSync.exe, so you'll need to go back to that folder and rename it to ...JUNK.exe again.
We have had no ill effects from killling this ridiculous program, so we can now happily generate our PDFs without Adobe Acrobat's historically poor file handling interfering with our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines