• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe could care less about its paying customers

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I return to my office after photographing an important job that needs to be sent out ASAP. Turn on the computer, launch Creative Cloud  and boom - I get sucker punched by Adobe. I have to stop everything to download and install a huge CC update which I knew nothing about. No warning whatsoever from Adobe. No option available to wait untill I have time to deal with an update. I wish someone would invent photo editing software to compete with Adobe. Or, better yet, how sweet it would be for Congress to step up to the plate and break up the Adobe monopoly. Maybe then we'd stop getting kicked in the gut by Adobe because they'd have competition. Adobe is jepordizing my job by forcing me to miss a deadline.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

You could put in a request at the Wishform that Adobe rollout updates on a specific date of the month instead of whenever it feels like it, as Microsoft does with Patch Tuesdays: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you go to the Cloud manager program and turn off automatic updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your vitriol is duly noted.  But why are you blaming Adobe for YOUR user settings?  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-update was turned off and it still is turned off. I don't think this was an auto-updating issue. The moment I launched CC the update started and there was no option to cancel the update. My user settings have always been for auto-update off so I would not miss a deadline for something like this.

What is "turned on" is to notify me of any comments to my post. Today, October 21, I received an Adobe form email asking me if my question has been answered. I call up my post and I see that people have been commenting since October 13.

Interestingly enough, I also received a second email from Adobe notifying me of a new large update that just rolled out. First time I've ever gotten an email like that from Adobe.

I'd still like to see a competitor to Adobe appear on the scene. Even if it takes an act of congress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could put in a request at the Wishform that Adobe rollout updates on a specific date of the month instead of whenever it feels like it, as Microsoft does with Patch Tuesdays: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion and for not assuming that I didn't do something in settings. I'll look into that and see if that might be a fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you weren't receiving auto updates for Creative Cloud desktop app or Acrobat Pro? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Positive. And, I don't have Acrobat Pro. And, I have the "Email me when someone replies" button enabled and Adobe never sends me an email when someone replies. Adobe is not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This social discussion platform is rented from a 3rd party company called Khoros.  Adobe doesn't make it.  No company is perfect because humans are not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do put in that request, please post a link here. I'd upvote it (assuming that's allowed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines