• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 693 Replies 693
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the big boys will always bully everyone. The koolaid of Apple and the

spread of Micro$loth has always been a hindrance to free software

development everywhere. In this case, I don't think it is MS; but largely

Apple. Except for the Koolaid kids, Apple's only real power still lies in

graphic development and manipulation. They are pretty much useless for

anything else other than an expensive web browser that doesn't even work

that well.

Oh well, Adobe's loss. I put together a Win 8 box today to do somethings

and am coping the image and throwing it on a stateless drive and putting it

in a drawer.

Bye bye Adobe...Gimp, here I comes. LOL..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Creative Cloud subscriber going on 1+ years, and I need this suite to run on Linux.  I am tired of dealing with Windows 8's split personality.  It cannot make up its mind whether it is a tablet or a PC.  I don't want to buy a Mac because I build my own computers to full capacity for video editing.  Also, all the other work I do in regards to web development and video production is on Linux.  My web server is Linux, so it's much easier to work on Linux locally as well.  I don't like dual booting, multiple VM windows, etc.  It's just not productive.  If this doesn't change soon, I will start looking for alternatives and cancel my subscription.  I've been using Lightworks for video and it works pretty well.  For graphics I'll just have to find something to take its place, maybe a 3d rendering software program.  Thanks for listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

life-examined wrote:

If this doesn't change soon, I will start looking for alternatives and cancel my subscription. 

How soon do you want this to change?  It is pretty easy to change this to satisfy you. Is 25 years OK with you?

People have waited for Linux to mature for so long that another 25 years shouldn't be a problem for these users.

Somali Pirate here taking a vacation from hard and sometimes very dangerous work at sea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somali.Pirates wrote:

life-examined wrote:

If this doesn't change soon, I will start looking for alternatives and cancel my subscription. 

How soon do you want this to change?  It is pretty easy to change this to satisfy you. Is 25 years OK with you?

People have waited for Linux to mature for so long that another 25 years shouldn't be a problem for these users.

Somali Pirate here taking a vacation from hard and sometimes very dangerous work at sea.

Im not clear on your point, nor what is immature about linux, nor even how this pertains to the discussion. The issue is that you have an actually stable OS which is quickly approaching the same user base on desktops that mac has, without the aid of massive global advertising, physical stores, and pre-loaded at purchase based sales (ok, its started, but not like with mac/win), yet Adobe still doesnt support it. You have a large userbase here which would REALLY like to migrate to Linux, or has and takes rediculous measures just to accomidate Adobe. Whats worse, there are many good methods of running windows/mac programs under linux which require nothing from Adobe, and they worked fine in the past, but now with CC you dont have a set release which can be accomidated by these methods.

You dont have to like linux. Frankly, everyone who actually overcomes their xenophobia and tries it does, but thats not an issue. The fact is the linux userbase is rapidly growing, while Windows 8 has been met with fair to poor results, apple has been in its death spiral for some time now, and linux has already cornered the server and mobile world. Hell, Apple gave up making its own OS long ago and basically just skins and locks linux now. The userbase of Ubuntu alone on desktop is nearly that of Mac now, and Apple hasnt been the preferred graphics platform in most design studios for at least a decade. These users often Adobe users, and there is an overwhelming outcry to Adobe to make software compatible with their chosen OS which continues to be ignored. Nobody is saying you have to switch, were just saying wed like to. Frankly every reason expressed here NOT to release a linux version has been shot down as it comes from a lack of understanding of linux, and there has been plenty of closed source software (take steam and skype for example) which has been released on linux and done well, so its not like its uncharted territory.

The problem isnt risk or payoff, Adobe has a pre-positioned and vocal userbase requesting this and case studies to follow, the problem is change. If Adobe had not been making an Apple version all along, do you think they would start one now? Sure, the iDiots would complain publically for about a year, but IMO Adobe would be better served to drop the mac version and move the resources to Linux. Call it payback for bombing flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would make my day if Adobe stopped developing for Macs. Apple destroyed a stable well developed web tool, Flash. All Apple resons were nothing but marketing hype because they did not want to pay Adobe royalties. Now we are force to use and immature web language that has little to now support and development tools are lack luster. I am CBT developer now and HTML5 has made our lives a night mare. With flash we had nice packaged swf files that contained all of the scripting files. Now we have javascript, html, and what ever else that makes the HTML 5 work scattered all over the place. So Yeah I am for them dropping Apple. Let Apple fend for it's self and we can watch them crumble as Andriod eats away their bread and butter the Iphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all honesty, the only thing that killed Flash, was Flash. As an Android user, sure, I had a little fun poking the Apple kids with my ability to use flash on android, but it sucked. It was slow, and made for desktops. It wasn't a technology that could have been "fixed" to work for mobile either.

It died with the desktop, and it was Flash's own fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Action Script Two. yes. Action Script Three no. HTML 5 has to use Javascript to work. If you ever look at Javascript and Action Script 3 side by side you will see they are very similar. Action Script 3 would have worked just fine on mobile devices. I tested all of my Action Script three only sites on mobile devices and it worked just fine. Adobe shoudl have cut AS 2 a long time ago. AS 2 is partially to blame for Flash dieing. Apple bears the majority of the blame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are sitting here bashing Apple and trolling other participants on this thread but your name is Xeon64 - clearly, you are an Apple supporter seeing as you are either using or have used Apple's go-to processor for their Mac Pro lines. Even if you are using this processor on a home-built rig, you are still using Apple's go-to processor and in some morbid way, there must be a reason why you both thought to choose this particular processor (even though I already know why you would choose this processor). So either you're really moronic or you have no idea what you are talking about. Also, Flash was and has been dead LONG before HTML5 was around. Flash has always, and by always I most certainly mean always, been flawed and very buggy. Actually, Flash has caused as many computer failures as the not-so-friendly hackers deciding you no longer need this computer. Simply because there is a learning curve to learning HTML5, and it won't be the same as Flash, does not give you the right to bash another company for deciding they are no longer going to rely or support Flash. Even if your theories are correct, why did Google abandon Flash for Android? I'll tell you why - because both Google and Apple told Adobe to build an extremely stable Flash version for mobile and Adobe NEVER delivered - hence the new standard: HTML5.

And please don't even get me started on Java... talk about a free-for-all back door to your computer... Can anyone say security flaws? - But of course, we all need Java in order for our web applications to run.

AS3 is Adobe's way of counteracting HTML5 so no kidding it works great!

Please... you fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are sitting here bashing Apple and trolling other participants on this thread

no he wasn't.

clearly, you are an Apple supporter seeing as you are either using or have used Apple's go-to processor for their Mac Pro lines. Even if you are using this processor on a home-built rig, you are still using Apple's go-to processor and in some morbid way, there must be a reason why you both thought to choose this particular processor (even though I already know why you would choose this processor). So either you're really moronic or you have no idea what you are talking about.

wow, what an off topic leap. Seriously, how do you get all that from his user-name? I smell an agenda.

Also, Flash was and has been dead LONG before HTML5 was around. Flash has always, and by always I most certainly mean always, been flawed and very buggy. Actually, Flash has caused as many computer failures as the not-so-friendly hackers deciding you no longer need this computer. Simply because there is a learning curve to learning HTML5, and it won't be the same as Flash, does not give you the right to bash another company for deciding they are no longer going to rely or support Flash.

Flash got its major hit when iOS dumped support for it, which was technically before HTML5, yes, but was in anticipation of HTML5 which was nearly set. Flash has been flawed and buggy as a programming platform BECAUSE IT WASNT A PROGRAMMING PLATFORM. It evolved into one from a vector graphics platform, and as such had about what you would expect as far as a really poorly structured language. AS2 was an abstraction layer, and AS3 was a complete re-write. Thats why AS2 wasnt really any better, ran poorly, etc, and AS3 was (is) solid. The problem with AS3 is not AS3, its that the very nature of flash is to let people who have very little knowledge of programming write a program. Thats why there are tons of really crappy flash apps out there, not because AS3 is flawed, but because the developers arent real developers. I can't see how flash has actually FAILED a computer, crashed, sure, but failed? similar to a major hack victim? get real. The learning curve on HTML5 is really not an issue. I mean seriously, if you cant climb that curve stick to drawing. The issue isnt that its not the same as flash either, its that you now need several technologies (btw, javascript is not any better with bugs, performance and battery usage, and far worse from a structural and compatability standpoint) to do what flash was able to do 10 years ago. Honestly, take a look at what "new and cool" things people are coming up with for CSS/html5/JS, you could do this with flash alone YEARS ago. The death of flash as a website platform set back web capabilities a decade. And yes, everyone certainly has the right to bash Apple (especially on an Adobe forum, which, again, nobody did) for using its temporary success to bomb a well-set standard, set back the industry over a decade, torpedo companies, develpers, and jobs, and force a large part of the web to re-build itself. Oh, and flash runs very well on modern phones, 5 years ago there were issues, but today's phones are actually able to handle decent technologies now. Its a resource issue, and the decision came down to Apple designing a phone, then making sure it can run everything well by destorying anything it couldn't. Its Jobs shaping the internet around his device, which is now obsolete, but of course were still stuck with the fallout.

why did Google abandon Flash for Android?

Google didnt, they dont include the plugin as standard because its not a standard anymore, but thats far from iOS BLOCKING flash unless you jailbreak their phones. This of course voids the warrenty and requires some level of tech comfort, which means that it would never happen on a large enough scale to matter. With android all you have to do is install the plugin, easy peasy and it comes standard installed on most other browsers.

And please don't even get me started on Java...

Please dont. Android is written in Java, so your points are a bit confused here. Perhaps you should plot out the argument in your head before you type.

AS3 is Adobe's way of counteracting HTML5 so no kidding it works great!

Thats odd, since AS3 came out in 2006, and HTML5 came out at the end of 2012. Yeah, 6 years LATER. So..... But it was interesting that you conceed that AS3 works great. Perhaps keep that in mind and re-read your entire post.

All this iRage stupidity and Jobs propaganda aside, did you happen to notice that this is NOT a flash or iOS thread? Did you notice that nobody actually bashed your precious Apple or trolled anyone (except, of course, you)? This thread is about the Adobe user base begging Adobe to realase tools on a linux platform. It's long overdue, has trememdous support, and like it or not it's true that win/mac is failing while linux is on a steady rise. Linux now has about half the desktop userbase as the admittedly small Apple share (from what can be measured, actually read previous posts for why that spec likely WAY low) and has a sweeping majority of mobile and server users, yet Adobe has stayed the course with Mac and refuses to even discuss a linux version.Many of us have either dropped Adobe service all together (like myself) or go through rediculous work-arounds just to use their software while being free to use the OS that works best for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, yes, he was bashing Apple by saying Adobe should dump OSX and develop for Linux instead - Seriously? OSX IS LINUX WITH A PRETTY GUI. And why should they dump all that work? Leave the platform be and simply make a new version strictly for Linux. Which shouldn't be that hard considering they are basically doing that for OSX already.

While I may have assumed and implied many things by his username, you cannot deny the irony in writing a post to bash Apple while his name is Xeon64... You don't find that a little funny at all?? Either way, you are correct. It was not ok of me to assume things based off of his username seeing as Xeon is actually made by Intel and, well, you see where I'm going with this.

I'm still confused by your comment about the integrity of Flash - Flash actually got it's first major hit when iOS dumped flash BECAUSE ADOBE COULD NOT MAKE FLASH STABLE! Jobs only decided to dump Flash after Adobe could not deliver a steady and stable mobile version of Flash. Besides, if Apple is such a mediocre user base, then how was Apple able to take down flash by simply not allowing it on its mobile platform? Flash is still unstable... and the industry may have been set back "a decade", but it was for a more promising standard than Flash. This type of thing happens in EVERY INDUSTRY. Sometimes, people make mistakes and invest in a standard, only to find that the standard is then flawed. HTML5 is more promising than Flash because it makes you actually be a devloper instead of just another computer user with a mouse trying to put together a Flash application.

Google actually did dump Flash - go ahead and try to download Flash "Plug-In" from the Play Store. The ONLY reason why you still see Flash content with the ability to run in Android is because Google decided to keep Android open source and thus allows developers of web browsers and such the ability to embed Flash. Even youtube is potentially being fully converted to HTML5 with this opt-in trial by Google http://www.youtube.com/html5 So please, tell me how Google has NOT dumped Flash?

Ummm... Android may be written in Java but Android is actually using LINUX. I'll say that again, ANDROID. IS. USING. LINUX. Hence its open source nature and also why Android has the ability to run full copies of Ubuntu. Oh yeah, and Ubuntu Touch which actually started by using Android Linux Kernels and Drivers. I think it may be time you get real. Besides, you're arguing about Java when you know virtually ALL DEVICES must run Java. At least Apple allows you the option of either having it or not having it installed on your system, as does Linux. Get over it. Java is here to stay, unlike Flash. And any WELL WRITTEN program will work flawlessly written in Java...

AS3 may have came out before HTML5, but HTML5 in conjunction with XHTML are way more workable than AS3. While you may not be able to do animation with HTML5, the major difference between the two is that HTML5 is open, while Flash is more closed and proprietary. It would be my wish that HTML5 and Flash would become more friends than enemies, because if they played well with each other, we could really see some "cool, new stuff."

iRage? Please. You're assuming I'm a die-hard Jobs and Apple supporter.. Hmmm, don't I remember you scolding me about that earlier in your post? Yeah I think it was something about having an agenda. It sounds like you may have one too... I have already said Windows is flailing for its life back after Windows 8 and Apple is in a time of transition from Jobs to Cook (I think they'll be back in no time). Windows is dying fast. Who else makes a multi-billion dollar empire and then leaves it like Gates? Someone who knows if he's captain much longer he's going down with the ship. So, while I type this from my Ubuntu 13.04 laptop, I'll comfortably know that I have a head-start on the future of computing.

Oh, one last thing. Did you happen to notice that while this may be a thread for Linux and CS, a majority of the posters before me were actually having a discussion about Apple and why Adobe doesn't leave them? Could have something to do with the way my post was written. Also, could we please stop with the iRage and iFail - seriously the i stands for intelligent; 2007 called and wanted its joke back < ha ha for Windows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of All Xeon Processors have been used in the PC world and Linux world long before Apple Ever put one in a Workstation. There is no substitute processor for power users with Adobe software. A gaming processor will not cut it when you start to render Video, work with massive Photoshop files, and start using huge amounts of memory. I have been using Dell Precision workstations and managing Dell servers for over ten years. All of which use Xeon processors. So I do not know where you came up with the though that Xeon processors are an Apple thing. Apple adopted the Xeon processor because it was the closest thing they could find to replace the G5 PowerPC processor.

Also. OS X is not Linux with a fancy GUI. OS X runs on top of  Darwin. Darwin is an opensource BSD Unix os developed by Apple that can trace it's origin all the way back to the original Unix code from 1969.

Linux was inspired by MINIX and Unix, but Linux and GNU code was written from scratch in the late 80's early 90's. So it is not as simple as just porting the Mac Version for Linux.

I have worked with Both HTML5 and ActionScript three. There is very little difference between the two other than one being opensource and the other being proprietary. There are also HTML5 tools in the works for None Developers. So very soon there will be poorly scripted buggy battery draining HTML5 all over the web. HTML5 is killing the Computer Based Training industry right now. It is full of bugs and is costing people their jobs. The CBT world is 90% or more Flash based and people are now wanting their existing flash based CBT to work on mobile devices and most out there can not make the conversion without completely rewriting the training and not having any tools out there to do it for the none developer but that is a whole differnet topic.

I still think Adobe should have done something to hurt Apple just like Apple hurt Adobe with bunk garbage marketing to those who know little about Flash Development. As I have said. My AS 3 sites work fine on Mobile devices when the plugin was still being developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xeon,

Yes, that's what I meant by commenting that Intel meakes Xeon Chipsets and Intel is a universal computer components player that can be found in nearly all computers - speaking of Intel, how about those Haswell Processors eh?? Pretty promosing stuff Intel is doing. But AMD is also working on some pretty sweet stuff too - can we say Mantle?? We're already seeing a switch away from Windows DirectX11, even if it is a proprietary "OPEN" (Mantle is open source) switch, it's still a switch and now the folks behind Frostbite Game Engine have pledged to back it.

I would still argue that OSX is still Linux with a GUI seeing as both Linux and OSX can trace their origins back to UNIX and wether they were derived from two different flavors of UNIX they are still one in the same - That's why most things that work on LInux work on UNIX and why you see the two often paired together like "Linux/Unix" or vice versa. Either way, the core for Linux based CC applications has basically already been drafted thanks to OSX. Now it just needs a "Linux" overhaul.

I totally agree with you about Apple and Adobe and Flash - it's not fair to punish Flash because so many people tried to use Flash--were horrible at it--and gave it a bad name. If done right, any application written in whatever language will work perfectly. It's all about the DEVELOPER.

So, how about we shift the direction of this thread back to it's roots and why Adobe will not get the point that Linux users will pay for quality software even though we value open-sourced. If it's good and easy to use, it's worth paying for. Just please, put it on my platform of choice: Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. They have plenty of examples, Skype has done well on linux, as well as steam. Hell, I buy steam titles for linux often. Some companies are even going back and re-coding old games for linux! Tides are turning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Mac user since the first days of OSX, when it won me over from Windows.  Today, I am so unhappy with the direction both OS's are taking it's not funny.  I am hoping I have bought my last Mac and that will only happen if my next computer is not a Windows computer.  (As much as I am disappointed with the direction Apple has gone since Steve Jobs passed away, I will never go back to Windows).  So like so many others here I am desperate for Adobe to release their creative cloud on Linux.

Unfortunately, after reading this thread, I doubt that will ever happen.

I really think that both Mac and Windows are dying, and they are only supported by the fact that companies such as Adobe force people to stay on them.  But there is a wind of change, and the void will be filled.  Either Adobe will step up to the plate, or someone else will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an Ubuntu user (12.04) who would be very interested in getting the Adobe Creative Cloud suite for my OS. I used to have the Creative Suite on Mac, but I've grown to dislike Apple for their general philosophies. This leaves me with Windows as the remaining option, which I'm really not into (closed system, bugginess, undesirable design). My favorite operating system is Ubuntu, for its stability and user-friendliness. I'm not even a programmer type; I'm a creative enthusiast and designer.

I do all of my gaming, browsing, music-listening, video-watching, chatting and emailing on my Ubuntu system. I find it lacks nothing having come from the OS X experience, and is overall a happy one.

With the release of Steam for Linux, as well as the Humble Bundles, I think this shows that Linux users are willing to pay for software (and in Humble Bundle's case, even more than the other OSes sometimes).

With Ubuntu striking out on their own from the rest of the Linux community, with their new display server (Mir), as well as their foray into mobile and TV, it seems like they are making themselves a targetable brand and platform. Ubuntu is also becoming more polished, and I'm eagerly looking forward to their 14.04 release in 2014.

If Adobe offered the Creative Cloud for Linux, I think we could see many potential Linux users migrate from Windows and OS X.

I, for one, would be looking forward to it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the source code released and now out there you may get your wish. But it won't be from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Was DYP, What do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed here. Would love to use Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects on Linux. Native support for Adobe software is the only thing that keeps me on Windows now. So, dear Adobe, what should I do to make you port Creative Cloud on Linux?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, check out my thread on the Ubuntu Forums regarding thoughts on the Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite for Linux!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2190146

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same info from me.

I have many friends in design community and everyone would like to use something different from windows. Adobe is a major player that still stops us from full OS migration. I had PC, a MacBook Pro and I really liked it for a while. But it was 2007 version with hardware bug on motherboard. It is not possible to work on it anymore, the only solution is to buy a Mac Pro today. Oh, yeah, I have similar PC now for a half price. Nevertheless I considered this OSX. I still need nvidia CUDA video card and a flagship Mac Pro offers only ATI. No solution without spending $$$$ for me. The Linux will save us.

I understand that software development is a difficult task but let's take a look for major players in VFX industry. "The Foundry" origins are on Linux. Probably Weta Digital works on Linux (Lord of the Rings). Side Effects and their Houdini 3D package is available for Win, OSX and Linux. Do you understand what I mean? It is the OS that is stable and will not ruin your hard work. Linux is for serious tasks. Why there is still no big support?
Yeah, because of money and little knowledge. Is the Adobe not big enough for this challenge or too lazy?

Win 7 is good for simple things but when you have a huge amount of files and something goes wrong.. you will go mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having native CC on Linux would be really useful to the design and engineering pipeline for modern software architecture. 

Adobe makes Acrobat for Linux, so it shouldn't be _that_ difficult to get a team to port the rest of their internal sdk over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes Acrobat for Linux, so it shouldn't be _that_ difficult to get a team to port the rest of their internal sdk over. 

That's too funy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They already do for Unix!!!! It is called Adobe Creative Cloud for Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gradually been transitioning over to opensource (Linux, Wordpress) products the last few years; for many reasons that are irrelevant to this post.  Interestingly, I've noticed I actually spend more on software now with Linux and Wordpress than I ever have and I am totally fine with it.  I have been using Microsoft's office cloud software and have been relatively impressed.  I needed to use InDesign for a specific client and wondered onto Adobe's site (After years of being away) and was very interested in using their software again.  Signed up for the free-trial CC with intent of buying, but sadly it is apparent Adobe is being leveraged against the inevitable future that is Linux.

Not really any skin off my back, I will continue to evolve with the future of computing and utilize the infinite resources of the open source community.  Although I will shed a tear when Adobe finally hits the ground (From an obvious free fall) and is gone forever.  I have used their products for most of my life.  If anyone from Adobe really cares, think about who's team you want to be on.  Do you want to be a pawn for a scrambling to be relevant company, like Microsoft/Apple, or do you want to be the leader of the creative/ambitious/future-key-holders of tomorrow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm one of those who use Windows ONLY to run Creative Cloud. I bet there are a lot more of us out there. The problem is, financially would Adobe gain anything from porting to Linux? Meaning, would there be any new users of Creative Cloud if it were ported to Linux? Sure, I would be grateful as all get out, but can anyone make the argument to Adobe that it would be of financial benefit? If the only thing that happens is that a bunch of Windows users switch to Linux, Adobe doesn't really get anything at all. Though I do have to wonder if it would really be all that difficult to port from Mac to Linux....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines