• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe employee data breach on my Mac

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been speaking to Adobe customer service since February about an Adobe CC data breach, but without being rude, I am getting nowhere fast with them.

When I go into the user folder on my Mac, there is a folder that has been created by an Adobe employee, called:

<adobe email removed - kglad>

<user name, email and phone # removed - kglad>

<adobe email removed - kglad>

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 10.08.11.png
I have never created this folder or saved any of the files in there. It is clearly an Adobe employee, some of the files discuss technical escalation protocol and things like that. These files have been saved on my Mac without my knowledge and clearly represent a breach of Adobe protocol. Before I seek some external legal advice, I wanted to get a response from Adobe support but they literally take weeks to reply and since I have been speaking to them since February I am getting nowhere fast, has anyone else had a data breach like this or could offer any advice as Adobe are ignoring me. 
TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Simon293918259xg3 

this is a public forum in which you posted personal information.  i removed that info and an adobe email address.

unfortunately, by removing the screenshots with your personal info and an adobe email address, an important part of your message was removed.  you can repost those screenshots with all private info redacted.

that said, we're just other users here and have no way to know what happened on your computer.  the only thing that's clear is that you're not always careful with your personal information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information was not mine, it is some random Adobe employee's information. Somehow it has ended up on my Mac through Creative Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help on the matter as Adobe are not helping at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't envision what help you expect from other adobe forum users.  

if you feel bad for the other person, deliver it to them and let them decide what to do about it.  and, if you think it's evidence of crminal behavior, report it to your state's attorney general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are about as much help as a chocolate teapot...

I have contacted a solicitor now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Simon293918259xg3 

• Where did you obtain your specialty training in IT & security?  
  • What makes you think there's been a data breach or that an Adobe employee had anything to do with it?
  • What evidence do you have?

Without facts to support your claims, I don't think you want to go down this rabbit hole in a public web forum.  Tread carefully here.  Lawsuits for defamation have been won over false claims made on the Internet.  😉

Best advice, take your computer to a professional technician. 

• Ask the expert to run diagnostics and scan your system for possible malware.  
  • If they find something, they can remove it and your problem is solved. 
  • If they find nothing, you can put this matter to rest and sleep easier. 🙂

Goodbye & best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines