• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Adobe' folder in my Documents wasting iCloud storage

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to stop CC apps creating and writing to folders in my Documents folders on a Mac? (No - I don't want to get a Windows PC, before that nonsense starts)

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 22.33.06.png

This folder is automatically sync'd to my iCloud account and wasting space.

The preferences in the Adobe CC app allow me to choose the locations for the Apps and also for the Creative Cloud Sync files.

But no preferences for these annoying folders - how do I stop Adobe from filling my Documents with rubbish?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve been using a workaround for this problem for awhile now using symbolic links.

1. Close all Adobe apps currently open (including Creative Cloud).

2. Move your ~/Documents/Adobe folder to a location outside iCloud. I put mine in Macintosh HD/Users/Shared.

3. Open Terminal.app and type in: ln -s “path to your Adobe folder” ~/Documents

4. Hit enter and this should create a symbolic link to your Adobe folder in your Documents folder.

You’ll need to recreate the link everytime you update your Adobe apps so it’s obviously not the preferred method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines