• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe folder taking up way too much space

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a computer upgrade for a client and discovered the Creative Cloud Libraries folder in Application Support is taking up over 110 GB of space. A peek inside and I see a couple of folders in the dcx sub-folder are taking up 50+ GB each. They consist of all Illustrator files (.ai), about 7000+ total, and date from now to far back as November 2018. 100+ GB and 7000+ files seems a bit too much. What are these exactly? How can I trim this down to free up space?

Example of their location:

/Users/john/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/LIBS/CC3D10A47150946E7F000915_AdobeID/creative_cloud/dcx/7c6d94fe-ccfb-42bc-91f0-49fee5af9f0d/components

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you ask John what he keeps in his Adobe CC Libraries?

He can free up space himself by logging-in to his Creative Cloud account. I would start with unused Fonts and Adobe Stock images. But he may have saved color swatches, paragraph styles, and other assets there that he shared with collaborators. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/how-to/creative-cloud-libraries.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But it's 110+ GB of *.ai files - would fonts, stock images, swatches, etc. take up 110 GB of disk space?

What about re-doing the migration by uninstalling all of Adobe CC apps, deleting the whole Adobe folder in Application Support, but this time only re-installing the Adobe CC apps and NOT re-transferring the Adobe folder? What would he be missing in this scenario? Or would that stuff automatically download again upon launch of an Adobe app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I trim this down to free up space?

By @crashinto24375666l43w

If the computer is short of disk space, a better solution would be a larger drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines