• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has become POS software

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long-time, small home-based business owner, a graphic design professional and professional photographer. When i started in this business in 1991, I used PageMaker and FreeHand (remember those?), and for many years, QuarkXpress. For almost 20 years I have been used Adobe software exclusively to publish small scale newsletters, magazines and to create graphics for websites I design. I am now at the end of my rope and am SO FRUSTRATED with this Creative Cloud BS POS software that just consistently turns itself off, hangs, forces a complete Mac restart, I could go on. It's become the worst software EVER. And it's making me extremely inefficient in being able to get my products 'out the door'. I'm at the point of seeking out something else and ending the exhorbitant monthly subscription fees that offer no real support that I can trust - not going to waste my valuable time even trying to look for any solution from Adobe. I think I'm done. Does anybody out there have any suggestions for alternative software that actually works? I consider myself a power user with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Looking forward to reading any suggestions, or just commiserating. Ugh.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever think it is your computer that is at fault for most of not all your troubles?

I'm not trying to say Adobe is Fault Less but if everyone that used the same Adobe programs you are having problems with had the Exact Same Problems that they would be posting on this or othjer forums and more than likely drop Adobe products completely.

Now you are going to say "I took my Mac to an Apples store Genius Bar and had it checked out and they found no problems". Of course they found no problems. If they had found problems they would need to fix them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reads like a typical support response > blame the computer. Sorry, but I have found Mac computers to be entirely reliable and have successfully learned to understand and manage the OS. This is not the computer, or the user, this is a major problem with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come to the conclusion the problem I've been experiencing is the Creative Cloud Application itself, moreso than the individual InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop application programs. I haven't yet found anything for replacement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, how old is your Mac and what OS are you using? If you are using the most recent versions of those applications, it's possible your computer, while perfect fine for normal use, doesn't have the oomph required for the new applications. 

This page provides links to a specification page for each application: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having thr same issue as of the last 3 days. Photoshop crashes after 5 minutes. The issue is with creative cloud. If that crashes, obviously the app will sign out. I Meet all the system requirements. I've not changed or updated my Mac recently. This has just blindsighted me. It doesn't take much for a computer to run creative cloud anyhow. That app is the culprit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines