• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Ink and slide

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, Just a quick question. I have just purchased an Adobe Ink and Slide (stop laughing please) to use on my Ipad 4, which I underdstand is compatable. However I have tried to download Adobe Sketch in order to use it but it cannot be downloaded as it needs IOS 13 or higher in order to be downloaded. The Ipad 4 however cannot upgrade beyond IOS 11. Is there any app I can download on my Ipad 4 which will be compatable with this pen and ruler for note taking and sketching?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The general system requirements for using Adobe mobile apps are as follows:

iOS

iOS 9 and later running on iPad Pro, iPad 2 and later, iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6S, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and iPod Touch 5th Generation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq/mobileapps.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

Happy New Year to you and good health though these difficult times. 

Thank you for your quick response which is appreciated.

I am using an ipad4 which then should be compatable with the pen. From looking at a couple of youtube review videos it looks as though the pen should at least act as a "capacative" pen even if not paired with an ipad via bluetooth? - is this correct?. My further problem is that I cannot download any current adobe drawing apps which now require ios 11.3 or higher as my ipad 4 cannot upgrade beyond IOS 9. If the pen does not work at least as a capacative pen can assume that it is faulty?. 

I do have an app on the ipad called "sketches" which looks as though you can connect a pen by pressing a round circle that comes on the screen, but that might only be compatable with "Adonit" pens only? 

Kind regard

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need to ask Apple.

I can't help you with equipment.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines