• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe portfolio: Embedded element adds unwanted cookies bar to site.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help. I've added an embedded image slideshow to my portfolio, when I preview the page the slideshow has a cookies message overlaid at the bottom, despite having the show cookies message option switched off for my site. Is this something I can change within portfolio, or will embedded code elements always show a cookies message? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please check this article and see if that helps: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038509333-Adding-a-Cookie-Banner

You may also check the following link:-
- FAQ & Knowledgebase for product help - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/
Contact Portfolio Support for technical help - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jayb71347206,

I assume the source of your slideshow is sending up a Cookie Banner.  Since you don't control the 3rd party site, there's nothing you can do about it. 

Can I ask why you're using a 3rd party site for a slideshow?  Wouldn't it be simpler & cleaner to just add a Photo Grid Module with optional Lightbox Viewer to your page?

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360035920114-Photo-Grid-module

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nancy.

Thanks for your reply - yes I thought the same, I used Adobe XD to create the slideshow, so assumed the cookies banner was being dictated from there.

Can you elaborate on the lightbox viewer for the image grid please? I didn't realise that was an option (i'm new to Portfolio). If it's possible to achieve the same effect (a horizontal scrolling image section) that sounds ideal.

Many thanks,

Jay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the link I posted above.

1. Prepare some screenshots (flat images) for the web and insert them into Photo Grid. 

2. Turn on the optional Lightbox Viewer from your Site settings as detailed below.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360038427913-Enabling-disabling-Lightbox-for-images

The other option is to create an external link to your XD presentation.  It's better than embedding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightbox doesn't achieve the effect I'm looking for - automatic horizontal scrolling images as a showreel. I don't want users to have to click on the images to open this and manually click through each image.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... in my case it's not a code from a 3rd party site, it's a code from a ADOBE Lightroom album.

-Oryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... the same issue with an embedded 'link' to a Lightroom album ( <iframe id="iframe" src="https://lightroom.adobe.com/embed/shares/XXXXXXXXXX/slideshow? ...... ) .

-Oryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Oryk HAIST,

No need to embed.  See below about Portfolio's Integration with Lightroom.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036720853-How-the-Lightroom-integration-works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

"Any changes/edits you make to your Lightroom images and albums will need to be reimported to Adobe Portfolio." As a photojournalist I dont't have time to edit my grid every time I add/delete files to/from my album.

An 'embedded' album is a way to keep a live-album up to date via Lightroom (web, mobile or desktop).
Why there is the option to create a embedded code?
-Oryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're assuming that site visitors refresh their browser everytime they visit your portfolio.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.   Re-importing edited Albums from Lightroom is a click of a button. 

Embedded <iframe> code is for 3rd party widgets from other sites like:

• Youtube
  • Vimeo 
  • SoundCloud 
  • Issuu
  • Adobe Express (formerly called Spark)
  • Jotform
  • Invision 
  • and others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it not possible to see an autorefreshed album like a liveticker?

ADOBE Lightroom albums have an option to generate an embedded codes, but you can not use them in ADOBE portfolio?

-Oryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously you CAN use embed code from LR Albums if you wish.  But  Portfolio and LR are on separate platforms and domains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why portfolio does not update the content of an embedded LR album?

If I add a file to an LR album portfolio shows the new file. If I remove/delete a file from this album, portfolio still show this file. I finally have to delete this file (from basket).

-Oryk 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why portfolio does not update the content of an embedded LR album?

By @Oryk HAIST

=========

I can't answer that.  Ask the Portfolio support team about it. I neither work for Adobe nor make the software & services.  I'm merely  a product user like you.

Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines