• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio navigation on Welcome page - no navigation?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm new to AP and as I was building out my site, I wanted to have a welcome page with an intro message, and use it as my home page, but I see that according to Adobe, the navigation is hidden on the Welcome page - Why? and can I add it in? How is anyone going to get to the collections otherwise?

thanks in advance. 

- Karl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pick a portfolio template that has the layout you want.

portfolio questions: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

portfolio faq: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply and you're correct, it hasn't been easy to navigate this site to the correct spot, so thanks for the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..it hasn't been easy to navigate this site...

By @KTA6

a truer statement has been rarely made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out? Im stuck on the same thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John29507028y09e,

Welcome pages (formerly called Intro or Splash pages) do not contain navigation menus because they are separate from your main Portfolio website. 

Welcome pages are typically used as one-page websites for showcasing news about an upcoming event  -- i.e. a new product, a gallery show, a convention/trade show or some other time-sensitive announcement.  You may add buttons or text links to Welcome pages.  But if you need a navigation menu, you should start over and create a new site Page instead.

Portfolio Page Types Explained:

httpss://helpmyportfolioo.comhcc/articles/360035998273-Page-types-explained

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have just built my homepage as a Welcome Page, and now I want to add a simple menu-link to an "about"-page. Are you saying, that I know need to rebuild the page as another type of page in order to add a navigation?? This is so stupid. Why would you call it "WELCOME" page, when it can't be used as a homepage?? Is there even an option to copy elements to another page or convert a welcome page to another kind of page??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure out how to ad navigation to a 'Welcome' page? I was using one for my demo reel, wanted that separate from collections, just as it's own link, but I want the navigation on it like the rest of the pages.

@kglad those links don't have any information about adding navigation to welcome pages.

I experimented with creating a standalone page, but it ended up being placed in an additional collection, which necessitates an extra click to access the demo reel, adding unnecessary steps for viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try using a button module per above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to do it. It seems Adobe doesn't understand nobody uses splash pages anymore, and thu proper modern user experience. I ended up ditching this service and went with SquareSpace. Wish I'd done that way sooner — it's worth the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad you got it resolved, but for others, adobe's portfolio isn't going to be satisfactory if you want to control all aspects of your website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@unhappycustomerEU,

See Page Types Explained

The page refered to as a Welcome page is merely a one-page website.  It's frequently used to announce time sensitive events like a preview or gallery opening.

Of course if you want to use it as your main gallery's landing page, that's up to you.  But there's no automatic navigation menu for a one-page website. To create a link, use the button module.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036484193-Button-module

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines