• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio question

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked for a Portfolio forum to post this in but could not find one. I am wondering if there is a way to syle the captions differently than the theme default. Currently the text is white on a faded gray bar over the bottom of the image but I would prefer gray text below the image with no bar.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the best spot (currently) for portfolio posts.

this is the help stuff:

portfolio questions: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

portfolio faq: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

and @Nancy OShea is the portfolio expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY so much, I will check that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really depends on which Theme you're using.  There are 12 Themes to choose from, each with their own features & options.  See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I am bookmarking these. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mercedes currently. I looked at the exmaple sites and it looks like the captions in Sawdust are not on a gray bar but when I try that theme, the captions look the same as with Mercedes (white text on gray bar). I am guessing the example site is not using the theme defaults? Do you know if there is a theme that has the captions in gray or black text without a bar behind them?

Thanks for your help! Laurie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean Cover Text, not captions. 

See Styling your Page Cover Text Container

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360037562813-Styling-your-page-cover-text-container

You can style the following: 

• Text Container alignment: you can have your text display centered, at the top, or bottom
  • Color Overlay: this is the color background of your text container
  • Opacity: this controls how transparent the overlay is. If you don't want your text container to have its own overlay, reduce opacity to 0. 

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply! I do see the word “caption” being used by Adobe. I have attached a screenshot. It says “Add caption”.

The captions show up in two places. When I roll over an image in my photo grid, it pops up (screenshot attached) and then when I click on an image from the grid it shows up at the very bottom (screenshot attached). In both places it is white text on gray. This is what I am hoping to change but I dont’t see how to effect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no time to argue semantics.  I'm working under a deadline today.

If you read the help article I posted yesterday, I think you'll find your answer. 🙂

If you want to discuss this with Adobe Portfolio support, you can reach them below.

- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I apologize if I offended you. That was not my intention. I just wanted to make sure we were both talking about the same thing. I will contact support, thank you for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offence taken.  I was very busy yesterday with no time to spare.

Did you find what you needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, I submitted a support request though. Thanks for all your advice 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get an answer?  I also want to change this for the photo captions (not the title pages) but can't find the setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andreb8553180 

Captions on what type of image -- Cover, PhotoGrid or individual?

See this correct answer from yesterday.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/adobe-portfolio-image-filenames/m...

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link - lots of good information but not quite the setting I am looking for. 

In a grid containing images with captions, the caption appears on hover inside a darkened band at the bottom of the image.  When the image is selected, the caption appears in a darkened band at the bottom of the full screen image.

I would like to change the formatting to turn off the darkened band behind the captions.  I can not find a way to control this.  It's not included in the grid style options (as described here https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035920114-Photo-Grid-module)

I think the original poster is also trying to control the formatting of the caption background as well as the color of the captions themselves. 

If you have an idea how to do this, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks for responding to these questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure PhotoGrid styles are baked-in to your Theme's stylesheet.

The class is .grid__image-caption and the style is  background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4) 20px, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5));

I see no way to edit those styles from the dashboard.

You can contact Portfolio's Support Team below and ask them to remove the linear-gradient.  It's more eyesore than enhancement, IMO.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the very specific reply - I will make a request since it doesn't appear to be possible to edit a theme's style sheet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andreb8553180,

This is the reply I got when I submitted a support request about changing the styling of photo grid captions…

I’m sorry to say that there’s currently no way to change the styling with the captions seen in the Photo Grid Module, but I can see how this would be helpful! I’ll share this with our team internally

Hopefully if enough people request this capability, they will make a change.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to make adobe requests:

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, neither of those links are related to Adobe Portfolio.  Their helpdesk is the only way to communicate feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines