• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Remote Control

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently had an issue with my lightroom so contacted Adobe through chat. They fixed my issue through remote access or some screen sharing. They had full control of my computer which was no surprise. Although I began to worry if they might now have acces to my computer amd personal information? Should I be concerned? How safe is screen sharing with a stranger? & How can I check if the app or software used to control my screen was removed? I am worried I made a mistake...

TOPICS
Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

How did you contact Adobe -- by phone or through the official online chat system?

What is your Adobe Case Number?

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Scroll down to view support history.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  Real Adobe reps will NEVER reach out to you by Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

the answer is/was there's no concern (re hacking) if an adobe agent was involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you contact Adobe -- by phone or through the official online chat system?

What is your Adobe Case Number?

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Scroll down to view support history.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  Real Adobe reps will NEVER reach out to you by Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how this is a "ccorrect" answer this does not answer the question at all. The questions were "Should I be concerned? How safe is screen sharing with a stranger? & How can I check if the app or software used to control my screen was removed? "  This doesn't answer those questions. This seems like more of a general guideline for what to do in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#3 seems like a great resource for future reference, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the answer is/was there's no concern (re hacking) if an adobe agent was involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines