• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Synced Files are "mirrored" and not "streamed"?

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the process of transferring a large archive of files from a computer to Adobe Cloud. Based on what I've read, these files would be Synced Files because they were created outside of CC and not all of them are Adobe extensions. That's fine.

Where the problem arises is that the files seem to download and take up space on every computer for every user that the archive is shared with as it syncs. No one can afford that much space. I can't find an option anywhere to "stream" the files to save space vs. "mirroring" them and having them stored locally for everyone. These are options with services like Google, OneDrive, and Dropbox. Does Adobe really not have it or am I missing something?

I did find this article from 2021 and this one from 2018 that seem to confirm my fears that it's not possible. If that's the case, this won't be a solution we can use, which is a shame because there is all that space available but it's not a true "cloud". But perhaps something changed in 2023?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

no options for streaming. they sync when they can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe cc file are intended for file sharing both with others and with yourself on other devices.

if you want something else (eg, backing up files), use a different solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't answer my question. Whether it's for sharing or storage, the space is available there. The files need to be shared and accessed across a team, as it is an actively used archive. Sometimes changes are made, sometimes files are pulled and reused in new projects. Is there an option for streaming files, instead of mirroring them? The vast majority of files were created in InDesign but not saved to the cloud initially, and pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no options for streaming. they sync when they can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines