• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated card

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software is the easiest to create an animated card that can be send out via email?

for example 

Christmas tree with presents

click on present

present opens 

out pops a message

I want to send it out via mass email and post in social media [if possible]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what would be easiest because that depends on your knowledge base and, even if you know nothing about any adobe apps or issues related to your goal, that would be hard to answer.

but, i think, the easiest animation to do what you want would be an animated gif.  you can check the adobe apps to see which can create animated gifs, but my guess is that adobe animate would be the easiest if you're starting with nothing (eg, no video to convert).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input, it does help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

and @Nancy OShea is correct.  if you want interactivity (a response to a click), an animated gif/video isn't going to work and it will be more complex to embed in an email than an animated gif/video.

i would suggest either no interactivity or a link in an email to an html page that has interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owing to the limitations of email and social media platforms in general, the best you can do is attach an animated GIF or video.  To make it interactive however, the platform that it is viewed on would need to support scripting actions.  That's not possible unless you use a platform specific widget of some kind.

The alternative is to create an interactive web page with HTML, CSS and JavaScript code and then send users to your website's URL.

Adobe Spark is a good tool for creating Spark Pages (online newsletters), Spark Posts with animated Gif (for social media) or Spark Videos.  See below.

https://spark.adobe.com/sp/

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, at least it gives me a better insight in what's involved.

[Email signature and personal info removed by moderator as per forum guidelines.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines