• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete Adobe Creative Cloud Experience?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My protection program on my PC detected the folder Adobe Creative Cloud Experience, e.g. node.exe, as security risk.

Can I delete the folders and subfolders "Adobe Creative Cloud Experience" from my PC, drive C? I do not use it, I only use Lightroom CLassic and Photoshop.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

those are both expected and can't be disabled automatically with adobe cc preferences.

you should be able to tell your security program to ignore or white list those folders so you aren't nagged about a non-existant problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rename the folders and test that everything works the way you want.  then, if all's well, you can safely delete the renamed folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, many thanks for your response. I renamed the folder "Adobe Creative Cloud Experience". Everything worked fine.

However after the next Creative Cloud update the folder "Adobe Creative Cloud Experience" and subfolders were created again. Is there any solution to get rid of this folder forever? Thanks for support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the path to Adobe Creative Cloud Experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the reason might be I have the folder twice with different content:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud Experience

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud Experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those are both expected and can't be disabled automatically with adobe cc preferences.

you should be able to tell your security program to ignore or white list those folders so you aren't nagged about a non-existant problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, understood. Whereas I do not see to keep a program that I do not use.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe programs/installations have never been a model of good organization, but messing with (or customizing) adobe files can cause all sorts of problems. 

in the long run you're better served letting adobe add all the stuff that appears useless because it's easy to break something important.  ie, even if 99% of the stuff that appears to be worthless space-hogging garbage actually is worthless, the the other 1% may be critical. and finding an explanation of what's important/critical and what is not is hopelessly complicated.

additionally, as soon as adobe updates your files, you face the same issue (of sorting the worthless from critical) all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this Register article, this is not a non-existant problem and is a security risk.  Adobe needs to respond to this ASAP.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/04/07/adobe_cloud_malware/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.  if you want to make a suggestion/complaint to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines