Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Share or Collaborate On Folders From Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I need to share a folder containing several cloud-based XD docs with an external agency. We are collaborating on a new design system, and will all need access to these shared files. I have read and followed along with these tutorials (Share a file or folder publicly, and Collaborate on Creative Cloud Libraries and folders) to no avail. Each tutorial tells me to highlight the CC folder via the web, and press the "share" button. However, on my end, my CC dashboard has no "share" or "add collaborator" button at all.

The share button does appear when an individual XD file is selected, but I don't want to be sending my client a dozen individual invitations to working files. Like the tutorials promise, I would like to be able to send one folder, containing all the libraries and files we need for the project.

Am I missing something here? Is this feature only available for enterprise accounts? Any advice would be helpful so I can troubleshoot the issue, or abandon the idea and save myself the headache. Thanks!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

I just got off the phone with them to confirm; there is no ability to share folders inside of "Cloud documents" under "Your files", only folders under "Synced files" can by shared. They have no plans to create that functionality and suggest sharing the files individually. Very disappointing, and makes the Creative Cloud fairly useless in larger team collaboration. Folder structure and management is such a huge part of team management, and this makes it impossible using Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review this help article.  Private folders cannot be shared.  Or try using a different browser/web device that does not have script blockers.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean private folders can't be shared? Are all folders inside of the individual team member folder 'private'? If so, please explain how to add a global team folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for those with a team/enterprise subscription contact your plan administrator who should use the contact tab on their admin console.

for individual subscribers, use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the complete same problem here! Tried with two firefox and safari.  Sharing is unusable without folder sharing! File sharing does work.

This needs to be fixed asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been having the exact same problem! My team has resorted to sharing indivudal files located in individual team folders. We've been desperately trying to share a single 'client projects' folder but no one can get it to work. Tried on Mac, Windows, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge… NOTHING! At least Adobe is charging us through the nose to be frustraed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still an issue? I have folders with dozens of assets to share with colleagues. Can't be sat around all day sharing individual files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Giggle Pix, if you want to make a request, do so here - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a fix for this at all? Driving me mad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just Adobe being Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Followed all the instructions and tutorials so far. I can create folders in the Sync tab, and invite people in our team to that folder, but can't save files directly there from XD, and, more annoyingly, can't access the folder or the files within it unless I use the website (no access through the desktop app or individual programs). What's the point of having synced folders then...? Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SJ Naude 

why can't you access the sync folder files locally on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kgladour team is struggling with this now. We can use the sync folder, but that removes any ability to colloaborate on any files within those folders since those are considered local documents that are synced and not Creative Cloud documents. Without having collaboration in the Creative Cloud folder structures themselves, collaboration is useless, making CC no better than OneDrive or Dropbox. Very frustrating and affects our entire team's workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to use CC documents also removes the ability to have versions, so that feature becomes unusable as well if the team uses the sync folder. Altogether, a major miss on Adobe's part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absolutely asinine. Seems like a relatively simple fix and to pour salt in the website explains how to share a folder here and the share button simply does not exist when you select a folder. Adobe can you hear us????? Pls fix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you all contact adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with them to confirm; there is no ability to share folders inside of "Cloud documents" under "Your files", only folders under "Synced files" can by shared. They have no plans to create that functionality and suggest sharing the files individually. Very disappointing, and makes the Creative Cloud fairly useless in larger team collaboration. Folder structure and management is such a huge part of team management, and this makes it impossible using Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wishform for feature requests redirects to allegiancetech.com and doesn't use your Adobe login or let you register, so that's a waste of time as well.

jbSexton_0-1675200219418.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should rephrase; the wishform redirects if you choose "Creative Cloud" from the product dropdown. Other products stay on your Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There,

Thanks for phoning in. As the OP, I'd all but given up getting a straight answer from support. Literally have been sitting on this topic for nearly a year.

This was the outcome I discovered as well. Inside the actual Creative Cloud desktop app, using Cloud-based files and folders (which is the direction Adobe is forcing us to take for all applications, photoshop included), you cannot share multiple files or folders. It disappoints me to hear that they've suggested just sharing individual files, as this is not a viable solution for even small design teams. "Synced" files are also not a viable workaround, as it adds—yet another—storage directory for our team to manage. Seems to me it also defeats the entire purpose of Cloud-Based file management and collaboration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You got it, and glad we could get some clarity! I would look into Zeplin in the meantime. It's great for project management/review workflow and has a sweet XD plugin for exporting screens and flows. Our team has outgrown the free version because of the number of developers on the team (need a paid account to allow more than 6 members to see the exported code), but it works great on a smaller scale! I'm trying to find another no-cost solution and was hoping Creative Cloud was the answer since we're already paying for it. If we could collaborate on folders it would be. Alas, this is not the case.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines