• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC keeps adding "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut to sidebar, last position

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015 has added "Creative Cloud Files" to the Finder Sidebar in OS X as the last item in the Sidebar.

This is not a bad thing once.

But if it is moved to a different place in the list (such as where we used to have it with our other cloud services) or if it is removed from the sidebar, the CC agent will replace it into the last position.

This does not meet with our software deployment strategy guidelines.

How may we disable this?

Thank you very much,

Ross

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Hi Ross and to all of the others that have posted on this thread!

Firstly we are sorry that you have experienced some pain and when you feel pain we feel that pain too.

Many thanks for your feedback its really important to us that we get this information from a wide range of sources as this helps us determine how important this issue is.

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply and this fix will go out in the very next release, so bear with us!

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ojak:

This issue has been fixed on Mac 10.11 and 10.10.  Can you please remove Any other shortcut of your sidebar on your Mac successfully? I am not meaning the Creative Cloud files shortcut, but other shortcut in your sidebar?

Thanks

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, no it hasnt redtea. fresh install of osx and cloud and sidebar icon remains no matter what. once affinity has a proper replacement for indesign im gonna wipe cloud and go with them, this is insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's now 2024 and this has started happening again. Please Adobe, remove this 'feature' ASAP.

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tom Grz 

these are user forums.  to report bugs or ideas or wishes to adobe: for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for createive cloud assets:

bugs, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

requests, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

if neither show a place to report the issue, just leave it here. that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. This is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dislike this too. I have disabled creative cloud file syncing in preferences and removed this from the sidebar but it still keeps re-appearing. I don't like apps that take over my finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ashley-ADOBE

Adobe has installed something on my machine that I dont want, didnt ask for, dont use and which cant be removed.

Are you suggesting that ADOBEs proposed fix is that I have to reinstall a new version of the same software to get rid of the version that I didnt ask for in the first place?

SRSLY? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

This is generally what happens with software, fixes and improvements are put in place, then rolled out to every customer who has Creative Cloud installed, this installs as an update and over writes your current version, installing a new updated version, this happens with every Creative Cloud update.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warren, Im aware how software releases work.

However, Im not a Creative Cloud user, I dont want it and didnt ask for it. It installed itself on a new machine as I was downloading a licensed version of Photoshop Elements. 

I uninstalled Creative Cloud immediately. This after, unbelievably, having to down load TWO clean up tools from ADOBE to remove Creative Cloud, it has failed to fully uninstall and has left this %^*$$% infuriating artifact folder on my machine.

Then ADOBE told me via Customer Service that because it was "free software" the only place to get support was on an ADOBE forum.

Adobe answer to this problem is that I will now need to install a new version of the same software I didnt ask for in the first place and presumably attempt to uninstall that as well. 

This is outrageous ADOBE.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

you're of course absolutely correct.  If you don't want to use the Creative Cloud functionality (file syncing for example) then you should be able to easily remove any trace.  We haven't made that easy and we recognise this.

We've fixed the issue that leaves the shortcut on your sidebar and this will be included in the next update.  If you don't want to wait we do have some in depth manual steps.  Please contact me on djack@adobe.com if you would like to receive these instructions.

The Creative Cloud application is the platform we use to deliver applications and services to customers, which is why this installed before Photoshop Elements.  This is also how we provide application updates to customers.  You get a notification that new functionality is available and you can go ahead and click to get that update.

The application also gives you access to an extensive range of add ons via the Market (brushes etc) and fonts.  We've also recently added Adobe Stock giving you access to millions of photographs.

I hope you're enjoying Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, thanks for your reply. As a new Adobe Elements user, it certainly wasn't clear to me that CreativeCloud had anything to do with a stand alone install of Elements on a new machine.

May I suggest that Adobe is not doing a very good job of communicating what CC is and why I might need or want it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

Creative Cloud has been at the core of our communication and messaging for quite some time now.

There's a ton of info here - Software and services for creative professionals | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ashley, Derek, Adobe Support,

As per Ashley's and Derek's replies, the fix for this issue should have gone out "in the very next release" of Creative Cloud.

Between Ashley's post on August 26, 2015 and today's date of November 15, 2015, version 2.3.0.151 of Creative Cloud was released.

While I understand there are various reasons for a change to not make it into the release cycle, I believe it improper to promise and not be able to deliver.

Please update us on the status of a fix for this issue. In the meanwhile, I'll be contacting Derek for his manual fix method.

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahrex you are absolutely right. It's really annoying!

Actually the folder can't be deleted from the sidebar with El Capitan on 8 different Macs, here! I deleted the Creative Cloud Files folder, turned off Sync. When i hit the folder link in the sidebar, now, Finder states that there is no "Original" there. But if i right click, to delete this broken link from the sidebar nothing happens. What a mess!

How can i get rid of this folder?

Bildschirmfoto 2015-11-29 um 16.02.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely intrusive and annoying indeed. It‘s like a guy coming into your house uninvited and stick a movieposter on your wall as soon as you sign up to Netflix.

I fixed it this way:

• Open a new Finder window, add the sidebar if necessary (command-alt T)

• ctrl-click or right click on Creative Cloud the finder sidebar, choose ‘Show in enclosing folder’

• A finder window with the corresponding folder opens, move the folder called Creative Cloud files to the trash.

• Open the Creative Cloud app

• Select the tab Creative Cloud, then the sub-tab Files

• Set Sync files to off

• Empty the trash

• Go back to the Finder window sidebar, ctrl-click Creative Cloud files, you can now delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this still does not work, at least not in El Capitan. The icon gets immediately replaced when removed, it's insane. It's March 2016 now, something they were going to fix immediately after the August 2015 discovery.

But the main issue I have with this ridiculousness is the audacity to install something without consent, never mind that it's impossible to remove. The day I won't need Adobe software anymore, I will have to completely wipe my drive because its software spreads like cancer through the system. They've always had the most intrusive installers the industry has ever seen, even back in the classic Mac OS days, but to this day they haven't learned a single thing. Their software architecture is nothing short of mind boggling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me in El Cap. Be sure to empty the trash. Then that obnoxious folder is removed from your sidebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came back for me too after the Camera Raw update today and will not go away again. Thank you Adobe for still installing your crap at will on my machine. You are literally the most irritating software company in existence now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this thread marked with a correct answer when this problem is clearly not fixed 8 months after it was marked answered?

This isn't complicated, fix this ridiculous bug Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and raise awareness of this issue.

We definitely have to hold our hands up and apologise for a less than desirable experience.

We have fixed the underlying problem and this fix will be part of the next update to Creative Cloud.  Hopefully this will mean no more frustration and fury and certainly no more unnecessary distractions.

For those who don't want to wait, please email me directly and I will share some manual instructions that will remove the sidebar shortcut.  You can reach me on djack@adobe.com. Please include the platform you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a Windows® software developer our team can tell you that the scripting behind this absurd and downright invasive function is neither simple nor accidental; it's not something that's a default action—at least not in Windows. Being a daily user of numerous Creative Suite applications for more than a decade, I was personally taken aback when this shadiness began, because CS tools used to be more professional-feeling to me. But now taking time each day to remove the perpetually recurring *Creative Cloud Files* link from my Windows Explorer favorites list confirms that something at the core of the Company has indeed changed... and it looks a lot like a slimy processed meat block from a rectangular tin.

spam.png

Change is good, but not this kind of change. FWIW: I'm working on a side project: an automatic CC Favorites Link Removal Tool for Windows® 8 and 10. Once it's done I'll make it available to anyone interested. (Sorry; have to get back up to speed with my MacOS dev. Haven't been doing much of it since Mountain Lion.)

-Eric X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto. annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is encouraging that Adobe has responded. Hopefully the fix happens soon. It's driving your (paying) customers insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today's CC update, this is no longer an issue here (MBP 2014, 10.10.5). I hope this change remains!

Thanks to Adobe for actually listening to disgruntled customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so here, unfortunately (MBP 2013, 10.10.5). Having removed the shortcut manually, it reappeared upon updating Creative Cloud yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines