• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC keeps adding "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut to sidebar, last position

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015 has added "Creative Cloud Files" to the Finder Sidebar in OS X as the last item in the Sidebar.

This is not a bad thing once.

But if it is moved to a different place in the list (such as where we used to have it with our other cloud services) or if it is removed from the sidebar, the CC agent will replace it into the last position.

This does not meet with our software deployment strategy guidelines.

How may we disable this?

Thank you very much,

Ross

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Hi Ross and to all of the others that have posted on this thread!

Firstly we are sorry that you have experienced some pain and when you feel pain we feel that pain too.

Many thanks for your feedback its really important to us that we get this information from a wide range of sources as this helps us determine how important this issue is.

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply and this fix will go out in the very next release, so bear with us!

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious - this change holds even after an update to OS 10.11; no further side-wise intrusions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. just reappearing after deletion.

adobe, didn’t you promise to fix it in august???!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I performed a clean install of OS X El Capitan today and installed Adobe Creative Files again and yet, the bug remains. This time it's even worse because it doesn't even remove from Finder temporarily, it doesn't remove at all!

Is that a joke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove the “Creative Cloud Files” malware directory from the sidebar you have to delete the directory and everything in it. First disable sync, them open a terminal window and run this command:

rm -rf ~/Creative\ Cloud\ Files/

This will permanently delete everything in the “Creative Cloud Files” malware directory. You will not be able to recover them. If you need to keep the files, move them somewhere else first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For customers who want to remove their shortcut the instructions follow.

but we want you to be aware that if you follow these instructions the File Sync from the Creative Cloud Files folder will no longer be available which means that your files in that folder will no longer be synced to the cloud

1. Disable File Sync (you will have to do this for all of your Adobe accounts on each machine):
    1. Open up the Creative Cloud Desktop Application
    2. Open the settings menu (the gear wheel in the top right hand corner)
    3. Select "Preferences"
    4. You are currently on the "Genera"l Tab, Select the "Creative Cloud" Tab
    5. You are now on the "Apps" sub-Tab, Select the "Files" sub-Tab
    6. Turn Sync off
  2. Remove the shortcut:
    1. Mac:
      1. In the Finder sidebar the "Creative Cloud Files" folder has changed its icon from a cloud to a folder
      2. Right click the "Creative Cloud Files" folder and select "Remove from Sidebar"
      3. Unfortunately the sidebar item will appear and disappear when you sign in and out of the application but it won't reappear if you quit and open the application as you remain signed in
    1. Windows pre Windows 10:
      1. In Explorer shortcuts
      2. Right click the "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut and select "Remove"
      3. read guidance in step 2.1.3

We are aware of this issue and are in the process of raising a feature request.

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting.

Instead of being "aware of this issue" and "in the process of raising a feature request," why not just task some people with getting the job done? Now?

Adobe Creative Cloud is not a volunteer open-source project. According to Wikipedia, it has annual revenue of over $4 Billion and employs more than 12,000 people. Unless both figures happen to be massively inaccurate overestimates, there is no legitimate reason why something this simple cannot be provided to paying customers without a "process of raising a feature request" that apparently takes months.

Seriously: why isn't this already done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same problem with NO SOLUTION FROM ADOBE. I'm posting to hopefully see if there's any other solution for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very annoying bug indeed, and shocking that Adobe have promised this would be fixed "in the next update" over 6 months ago, but yet it is still there.

I want to be able to sync photos from within Lightroom, to LR mobile. I don't need a shortcut in the finder for this, so wanted to remove it.

I've found that switching off sync, trying to remove the shortcut from the finder sidebar (which appears to fail) but then relaunching the finder seems to do the trick, and it stays off after a reboot.

However the unwanted shortcut appears if you turn on sync again. Repeating the 'remove then relaunching finder' steps seem to make it disappear (but possibly only temporarily) while letting the sync work.

I can understand that Adobe may want to add this to the finder favourites when you first install the software. But to make it so difficult to remove is inexcusable.

OSX 10.11.3

Creative Cloud 3.4.3.189

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still no way to remove the shortcut on Windows 10.

Stop creating shortcuts on my computer for features I don't need, don't want, won't use. It's really that simple. The feature itself should never ever be a thing, people who want a shortcut can do it themselves, it's just a drag&drop. If you can't implement that in a way that's not broken beyond repair, just don't.

You need to fix this, or I'll just stop using your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a TRASH attempt at a fix.  Just stay the H*** off my sidebar unless I ASK for it to go on.  There is ZERO valid justification for tying the ability to sync to the forced insertion of trash on my sidebar.

I finally got rid of it AGAIN -- because you installed an update and forced it back on my sidebar AGAIN a full year after this thread began.  I got rid of it by rooting through prefs and making the change dob3r suggested a full year ago.

You make it awfully hard to want to support your company when you keep doing sh** like this.  ZERO justification other than wanting to be in our faces constantly to sell us more trash we don't want.

I pay you monthly for the stuff I do want.  Quit trying to be assholes and force more junk on me that I DO NOT WANT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update to Creative Cloud has re-added the sidebar link once again! For goodness sake! Why couldn't it just preserve the existing configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the last update deleted all of my preferences like shortcuts, workspaces and even Plugins, which were stored in the users Library. I don't know what kind of Update that's...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE, when will this be fixed? Please let us know; we're all STILL WAITING.  The option to right click remove the troublesome folder on the mac doesn't work. Please give us a simple fix in the next release.  Should be easy, right?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is still there. Cannot remove from sidebar on Mac running El Cap. Mildly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly irritating, please resolve this ASAP Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

The Creative Cloud Files sidebar icon could be removed on OS X such as Mac 10.11, Mac 10.10 and Mac 10.9, and Windows such as Windows 7 and Windows 8 (except of Windows 10). On OS X, Please right click the shortcut of Creative Cloud Files in sidebar and choose Remove from Sidebar. If you cannot see any change after you removed any shortcut in sidebar, please try to restart your computer.  Kindly note that the users could remove the shortcut in sidebar no matter the sync is turned on or off.

Best Regards

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lin.

Your solution seems to have worked for me this time. Goodness knows I've tried deleting it from the sidebar multiple times before.

Anyway, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not solved.

Check this recorded with 10.11.5.
sidebar.gif

Adobe, what is wrong with you?

This effectively makes Adobe CC bloatware and malware.

Adobe CC should not be running services when it's closed, and it should definitely not be messing with our computer in this intrusive way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pier:

On OS X, Please right click the shortcut of Creative Cloud Files in sidebar and choose Remove from Sidebar. If you cannot see any change after you removed any kind of shortcut in your sidebar, please try to restart your computer. 

Thanks

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not fixed, I do not want to use this service but you are still not giving us an opt-out option (for the sidebar) and the amount of bugs in the Cloud App is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, back when I was primarily using Windows, I stopped using Symantec software because every time I moved their Start menu items to where *I* wanted them stashed, they were recreated at the top level again the next time I restarted.

Adobe, you are officially the *only* company I've come across doing essentially the same thing in a decade on the Mac. My sidebar is *mine*, not *yours*. I don't use file sync, I therefore have no reason to keep it in my sidebar, and it's taking up space that can be used by things I *actually* care about.

You need to tell your marketing department to get its hands off our computers. Your software has already moved into the "necessary evil" category for me, but the fact that every update of Creative Cloud seems to make the sidebar icon *more* resistant to removal (used to be it would at least stay away until a reboot) tells me you're doing it on purpose, and that is simply not acceptable.

Sure, add the item when (if) I turn on file sync. But if I remove it, using established, standard, normal OS X techniques, please don't assume I did it by mistake. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please fix this annoyance. The latest version of CC will not allow me to remove the Create Cloud Files link from my sidebar. It CANNOT be deleted. I do not want that link there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lin (redtea),

As shown in Re: CC keeps adding "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut to sidebar, last position, your solution does not work.  Is there a planned fix to this bug?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is disgusting. That stupid folder keeps reappearing in the Finder sidebar. I can't wait to finish this project so that I can cancel my subscription to the CC and switch back to Sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since apparently every single Adobe employee is an absolute, complete and utter moron with the technical skills that rival a dead squirrel, here is some actual help for you guys...plus a little narrative.

El Capitan, being the half-baked release that it is, has many unaddressed and completely ignored bugs. One of them is the Sidebar in Finder. If you Right-Click anything in the Sidebar and select "Remove from Sidebar" you will notice nothing changes, Adobe items or not, they remain there. This is an Apple problem.

Yes, Adobe is brazenly disrespectful of their customers and infuriatingly irritating in general now offering continual degradation of products and services coupled with uncontrolled bloating of "features" that ONLY serve their Marketing agendas. That's out of our control, they've made the decision to lock thier customers in to a subscription and then sh*t all over them, and apparently for no ther reason than because they can. Or, maybe it's just fun for their execs.

Anyway, back to the issue.

STEP 1.

CORRECTLY REMOVE THE IDIOTIC FOLDER FROM YOUR SIDEBAR.

1. Turn "File Sync" off in the CC Desktop preferences

2. Cursor over the Creative Cloud folder in the Sidebar, then Right-Click and choose "Remove from Sidebar".

It will still be in your Sidebar, just ignore it for now and continue to the next direction below.

3. Next, open the Terminal application, found in Applications > Utilities

4. In the Terminal window type this in exactly as written:

killall Finder

5. Press the Return or Enter key. That's it, you're done.

All this will do is relaunch Finder and as long as you've turned off CC File Sync, the Adobe folder will be gone.

STEP 2.

PERMANENTLY PREVENT THE FOLDER FROM COMING BACK.

Navigate to this folder:

Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Next, find this file:

com.adobe.acc.default.prefs

Below is what the "com.adobe.acc.default.prefs" file contains.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

<prefs>

<property key="createFinderSidebar">false</property>

<property key="launchAtLogin">false</property>

</prefs>

Use a text editor (TextWrangler, BBEdit, etc.) to change the "createFinderSidebar" entry.

Make sure the "createFinderSidebar" is changed to false.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines