• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library not showing graphic preview

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on my CC libraries and was wondering why are my libraries not showing the preview of the graphics and it just shows CC logo? if I double click on them or drag them, they do open the correct graphic is just you can se what you're dragging in since it doesn't show the preview.

I read in this forum I had to log out then delete the library I had the error on  (I dont know which one was it) so I erased My personal library and is still not showing preview and now I lost personal library.

Untitled-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Hello everyone, thank you for your patience as we have been working on fixing this issue. Please follow the following steps to see your thumbnails repaired: 

1. Download the latest Creative Cloud Libraries installer from the link below in Step 1, and double-click the file to begin the installation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

2. Then remove the contents of the renditions folder at the two following locations in your file explorer:

• %appdata%\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Would you mind telling us the exact version of the operating system you are using? Make sure you are using the updated version of the Creative Cloud application. Did you try logging out from the Creative Cloud Desktop application, rebooting the computer and then logging in again to check if that makes any difference? Also, could you please try killing the CC Library process from the Task Manager/ Activity Monitor?

You may try the steps mentioned below:-

• Close any open Adobe products that use Libraries.

• Open the Creative Cloud desktop app. 
  • Use the following keyboard shortcuts:
  • Windows: Ctrl+Alt+R
  • Mac: Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

This relaunches Creative Cloud and all its supporting processes, including the Creative Cloud Libraries & relaunch the Creative Cloud app.

Also, please share the log files with us? Please use this link to collect the logs and upload the logs to your creative cloud and share the link with us. Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I got from the Log- Collector
AdobeLogs_20220427_113328_171-win-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Please share the .ZXP folder with us by uploading the folder to your Creative Cloud & share the link with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I upload the file? I tried, but it said it only supports .psd .ai etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may share the file with us by uploading it to any cloud storage service & sharing a link with us to download the file. We can share the info with the product team so that they can investigate the issue further or you may contact the support team directly by initiating a chat session, click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I need to do it via cloud service? I dont have any cloud service and when I ran the Log Collector I recieved and email that said "The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal" and mentioned just to share the name of the file, could I just send this vie email or something? I cant start a chat since this is a compay account and would have to do it through the company and is taking forever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we just ask that you share your log files via a cloud service for a couple reasons. One is that the files are normally large, and they may hit the maximum file size allowed via email, whereas onedrive or google cloud don't have such limits. Another is so that they're easily accessible for lots of folks at Adobe to look at and try to reproduce your issues and fix them. If you're unable to share via cloud service, you can email directly to donohue@adobe.com and I will attach them to the support ticket we have started for this issue. 

Thank you

-CC Libraries team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue happens to me too. Many preview thumbnails do not show up - either in Photoshop or on the Creative Cloud desktop.

I did all the steps and also got my Log files. I have uploaded the log files here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pUKPslLIc3Ks4BSaMk1RMYLWoiaD8Mgu/view?usp=sharing

Please help me fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maggie, sorry to hear that you're having issues seeing your thumbnails. Can you share what types of files you've added to your libraries that are not showing thumbnails? Have you edited the library elements at all, or did the issue appear when you simply open the library? Also, please share which application name and version you are using. Thank you for your help, we're trying to nail down this issue quickly. 

-CC Libraries team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 23.3.1. The types of files I added to my Library are all PSD documents created in Photoshop. Many of the files contain only shape layers (all vector) not sure if this info will help?

When I open the library elements, they open the correct graphic. But not being able to see a thumbnail really makes everything very cumbersome!

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, it's very frustrating. My collegues are alsoo dealing with this problem! I think it started with one of the latest updates. Never had this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, thank you for your patience as we have been working on fixing this issue. Please follow the following steps to see your thumbnails repaired: 

1. Download the latest Creative Cloud Libraries installer from the link below in Step 1, and double-click the file to begin the installation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

2. Then remove the contents of the renditions folder at the two following locations in your file explorer:

• %appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\<userID>\collaborated\renditions
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\<userID>\creative_cloud\renditions

For example: the final path will be something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\88F71D2E6239FBCC0A666666_3b796a535f99c1570a4666666\creative_cloud\renditions\. 

Note: you may have only one of these folders, depending on if you have libraries both libraries that have been shared with you, or if just have private libraries. This is fine!  

3. Finally, kill CCLibrary Process from Task Manager and restart all Adobe products such Photoshop, Illustrator, etc

This should repair all the thumbnails back to their previous state.

@Maggie D. @Santiago5CA9 @sandrav8548681 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These solve the problem for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Molly.

Took longer than I expected, but preview images are being displayed and refreshed now. Hurrah!

Couple minor items noted in the above procedure:
- The "Roaming" folder is missing in the above paths.
- Perhaps could be a bit more explicit that the CCLibrary has to be reinstalled (circled Step 4 in the web page linked above)

Anyway, thanks again for providing a fix for this issue. 🙂

Best regards,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to say, the cleaning and re-installation process took longer than expected - not the fix. You guys got right on the fix - you rock!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert, glad it's working again! When you use the %appData% shortcut, it should include the "Roaming" part by default, but I updated my instructions to give an example full path just to make that clear.  Doing the Step 2 of using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool is not strictly necessary, only if you're unable to install the new version of CC Libraries in Step 1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix did NOT work for me. Perhaps everyone else is on a Mac but I am on a PC and I followed all the steps and I still get the adobe logo as a thumbnail, not my graphic as a thumbnail.

So please remove the correct answer because it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I add that I could not find the folder "Renditions" in 

• %appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\<userID>\collaborated\renditions

My LIBS folder only includes the following options (see attached image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maggie,

Look under the folder with the long hex number name. They should be there.

Also, I'm on a PC and it worked for me. If you haven't already, note that you need to download and re-install the CC Libraries (CCLibrary.zip file) before the fix will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Step 4 in teh link that Molly provided above.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert,

I downloaded and re-installed CC Library as Step one from Molly's note, then I deleted the files from that folder. This did not work

Then,

I did the Creative Cloud Cleaner thing (in the link that she provided) and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess there is a specific order in which to do everything, but the steps in her email and the instructions in the link she provided in those steps are all different, so I don't know what the order is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically followed the order in Molly's post. The thingn to be aware of is that you need to download and re-install the CC Libraies before you restart any Adobe CC products

So,
1. Download and run the cleaner.exe file.
2. Remove the contents of the renditions folders.
3. Kill the CCLibraries process.
4. Download and re-install CC Libraries (circled step 4 in the link Molly provided).
5. Restart your Adobe CC application (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
This should work.

I also mentioned the CC Library re-install above in the reference to two minor items that could be clearer in Molly's original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Maggie, sorry to hear you're still not seeing the fixed renditions as the steps are not clearly written. This problem only occurs on Windows machines, not on Macs, so I'm trying to nail down the instructions for you and others.

The general order of what needs to happen is that you should install the new CC Libraries panel build, then delete the renditions folder, then restart all your apps. In the first step, you are going to this link to install the new CC Libraries panel build https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html to follow "Solution 1". You don't have to do "Solution 2", and all the substeps 1-4 unless the installation fails in Solution 1.

If you have done the Solution 1 approach, then deleted the contents of your rendition folder, and restarted the CCLibrary process, and reopened your Adobe apps, and you still don't see the fix. Then you can go ahead and try to reinstall the latest CC library panel again using the more involved Solution 2, then do the steps where you delete the renditions folder data and restart the Adobe apps. It sounds like Robert had to do the Solution 2 approach, so that might be the case for you as well. 

I hope that helps clarifies the order! I want to do whatever it takes to get this working for you again, so please let me know if you have additonal questions. 

-Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines