• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC selective sync with multiple computers OR disable CC sync on select computers - 3 computer setup

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Yes, I have searched for a solution before posting, though could not find anyone in my specific situation that found a resolution.

I have three computers that I work on: Home Desktop, Work Laptop, MacBook Pro Laptop.

I have my CC account installed on all three of them.

My home desktop has a big main drive, so I currently don't mind all my Adobe CC files syncing to it. Though eventually my CC files will get large enough that I will mind.

However, my laptops both have smaller drives. My MacBook has 500 gb's and my work laptop has only 100 gb's.

No, increasing local drive space is not an option or a solution for me. I'm using CC primarily as a storage solution, not just the backup benefit.

My Adobe CC storage holds about 300 gb's worth of files right now.

You can see the problem.

Ideally, I would like to be able to selectively choose which folders sync on which computers. Since I keep my files for different projects in different folders, and work on some projects on some machines and not others, I'd like to only be able to turn on one or two folders at a time on each machine.

Failing that, I would like to be able to turn off CC sync on specific machines (my laptops). This would royally suck as I would have to manually download files/folders ahead of time that I wanted to work on away from home, defeating the set it and forget it benefit of cloud storage, but at least my laptops wouldn't constantly be low on disk space, or full.

Yes, I know of the "Select Shared Folders to Sync" right click context menu tool, however this is only for folders shared with you, and not for folders you've created (that's odd, isn't it), which doesn't work for me as my files are only created by me, none of my files/folders are shared from others.

Yes I know that the Pause Sync button exists, however this has a tendancy to turn back on, which I is frustrating.

If anyone can help with letting me know what my options are, I'd appreciate it. If none of this is currently possible, I'll likely switch to a different cloud solution soon.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selective sync is not supported, you already know about the pause sync feature. So i suppose you have complete information to take a decision on how to evaluate Creative Cloud vis a vis other cloud storage options. See a similiar discussion on selectibe sync at https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/syncing-only-some-files-or-some-folders/m-p/1...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Manan, and the link to the other recent post as well; I missed that one. Bummer that the selective sync feature is not on Adobe's radar. If Adobe ever reads this: y'all should try picking apart OneDrive and reverse engineer/improve on it's features; that's one thing Microsoft got right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines