• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Subscriber cannot upgrade cloud storage?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the Student and Teacher edition subscription and with the announcement of the Cloud-based Lightroom CC, I wanted to give it a try.  I however have *WAY* more than 100GB of photos that I would like to upload but I do not see any way to upgrade my Cloud storage.  I contacted Customer Support thru the online chat and was told there was no way to increase the Cloud Storage.

I simply cannot believe that this is the case, because if it is, it would mean Adobe is completely unprepared for the launch of the new Lightroom CC.  I know the Lightroom CC Photographers plan is available for $14.99/mo that includes 1TB of space but am I supposed to pay 2x for Lightroom CC just upgrade my Cloud Storage?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to believe this is the case, just accept it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like an answer to this as well. How does Adobe offer subscribers to the new Lightroom CC and the Photography plan, $20/month?, 1 TB of storage, and those with the full CC plan, paying soon, $53/month, no reasonable means of upgrading to 1 TB of storage? Or was that part of the reason for the $3 increase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Chat support (which was a bungle of "let me transfer you" had no clue and failed to even come close to an answer for me. if not for indesign (and that is becoming less and less important) my eyes might actually begin to wonder from adobe for the first time in a loooong time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point Adobe did add an option for extra storage with a full CC account starting at 1 TB for $10/month more, and going up from there in 1 TB increments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUUUT it doesn't work for the Student/Teacher Accounts...

Here's proof!:

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 5.53.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-21 at 5.53.20 PM.png

So by this logic I can get an approx. 60% discount on the crap storage plan that doesn't work with lightroom (I'm teaching my daughters digital photography, so this is critical) but as soon as I want the storage the discount is void?? I'm willing to pay 31.39/month for the extra 1TB plan, but I'm not willing to forego their Student discount altogether. Absolutely not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone have any luck resolving this issue?

It's 2020 now and Adobe are still getting away with this rort/exploitation of students and educators. I've asked several times for the policy information but no-one can offer me anything tangible other than telling me in the chat that 'we don't provide a 1TB storage option to EDU packages'.

This is ridiculous and is a straight up price gouge. I checked. It should cost $263.67AUD/yr for the package plus $179.88 for 1TB/yr but I'm told that the minimum price to purchase the Student Creative Cloud All Apps with 1TB of Storage included is $1045 instead of the $443.75 total it should be. This is price gouging and it's illegal in Australia so I'm pursuing options to discuss this with Consumer Affairs. Please tell me that my math isn't crazy and that considering there's no terms and conditions expressly forbidding the purchase of this package at the $443.75 price that Adobe shouldn't have any issues selling me what I've asked for at the correct price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines