• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC won't open this morning, and my CC folder in Finder is gone.

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned on my computer this morning and went to get to work, but the creative cloud folder that is normally in my Finder was gone! I looked in the menu bar and saw that Creative Cloud was dulled out. I clicked on it and it said something like "you have been logged out...log in again to use Adobe apps." I clicked log in and a spinning wheel went for a while, then the screen just went blank white. I looked under MacintoshHD>Users>CreativeCloud, and my files were there, but they are versions from last year! Where are my files. Please help. Why won't CC open?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tturiano, did you run any disk clean-up utilities since last night? Were any other files deleted on the computer?  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html for steps you can take to repair damage to the Creative Cloud desktop app.  Would you please update this public forum discussion if you have any questions or encounter errors while implementing the listed solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jeff. After posting my question this morning, I went and had breakfast, came back to the machine, and CC suddenly popped back up. Apparently, there was some downtime for CC this morning. All I can say, is backup, backup, backup. I had been under the impression that when you save files to a CC folder on your computer that it saves locally...like Dropbox and GoogleDrive. Not so apparently, as I couldn't find any of my files this morning. Gone! I now will save all my files locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Tturiano.  Yes, several of our services and services were unavailable earlier. Would you please bookmark https://status.adobe.com/ to be kept up to date regarding server status?

I also agree with your current plan to make a local backup of the files.  I regularly create local backups of files that are stored on different cloud services.  I have found burning them to a blu-ray to be a quick, effective, and low-cost strategy to handle the gigabytes of data.  Other people have suggested hot-swappable drives, but a local backup of any critical files is always a good strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines