• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCLibrary draining MacBook Battery

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason in the last month I have seen my Macbook battery severly drained. When looking into the Activity Monitor the CCLibrary is taking 90+% of my battery and I can't stop it. I've looked online and read to uninstall and then reinstall CC so I tried that but it wouldnt work citing error issues. I've also tried to turn off the auto sync and auto update. Even when I close the CCLibrary in the Activity Monitor it will close but then reappear a few seconds later like nothign happened!

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got exactly the same, my macbook is ventilating all the time and the battery sometimes does not last half a day. Tried deleting everything and reinstalling but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I charged my macbook overnight and have been using it for 1 hour now. Its gone from 100% to 45%. It never used to do this up to sometime in the last few months and I don't know how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue too. I've gone from 100% to 5% in less than 90 minutes just doing simple things in Photoshop. The According to the Activity Monitor on my Mac, CCLibrary seems to be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I no longer have this issue after updating MacOS to 10.15.1 (from 10.15) - Not sure if updating the OS was what fixed it, or if it was simply the act of restarting closed out the some hanging processes in the Activity Monitor. Before originally posting here, I thought I had restarted my Mac before, but it's possible I had not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I just updated to Catalina (10.15.1) from Mojave as @Daniel_Peters1 had suggested and so far the issue seems to have resolved. I will continue to monitor and update if it persists.

Thanks for the assistance all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the updated Catalina OS but still the battery is draining 😕 in an hour 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had somebody look at my Macbook Pro and got this problem resolved.

CCLibrary is something that looks after your Typekit fonts, I had so much fonts active that the app overdrived and drained my battery. I deactivated all of my fonts and reactived the ones I was using at the time and that stopped CCLibrary from draining my computer. The person also scanned my fontcatalogus for fonts that were corrupted or broken and deleted those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. I'm running 12.5.1. If fonts make a difference, then the app is broken. I had more fonts loaded in the 1990s than I do now. This should not be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

start troubleshooting by pausing file syncing (open cc>click upper left hamburger menu>file>preferences>synching):

kglad_0-1662998617598.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines