• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCLibrary using 100% CPU on 16" MacBook Pro (Intel) with Big Sur

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system multiple times a day will ramp up the fans and I open activity monitor to find CCLibrary sitting at the top using 100% CPU and have to force quit it. I saw in other threads people talking about AdGuard, but I do not run that. Everthing is up to date that I can see, I did run the log collector and the file was "AdobeLogs_20211012_083214_359-mac.zip" if anyone can help. Thank you.

(My best guess is something our corporate IT put on the machine is causing it, and would like to tell them what the exact cause is.)

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

if you disable cc file syncing, does that stop the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you disable cc file syncing, does that stop the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will give it a try. I have no files in my CC account. Will report back once I see if it helped. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have no files in your local cc sync folder AND you have no files in your web cc account (cc desktop app> clound icon>cc web)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, we do not use CC for file storage and are required to use OneDrive from our IT team. So I am not loosing functionality by disabling sync I meant. So far today, it seems to have stopped CCLibrary from going up to 100% CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the problem's solved, great.

but again, you should check both locations for any files (including deleted files in the cc web site).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it stopped the issue from coming up all day today, so I am good (it was usually like once every hour or two before). Though it is most likely still an issue if someone needed their cloud files to sync from a bigger picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having this problem for over a year, especially in Zoom sessions. Macbook Pro 16" 2019, Big Sur. Typical case: I shut down my laptop and disconnect my portable backup drives. I move to a different room/office and start up my laptop and log on to a Zoom meeting. Most (but not all) of the time, CCLibrary uses 100% CPU, has my laptop fans blasting, and completely drains my battery in less than one hour. I have no apps running except Zoom in my Chrome browser. In a quiet environment, I notice the fans, go to Activity Monitor and force CCLibrary to quit. When my surroundings are noisy, I don't notice it until my laptop shuts down suddenly during the meeting because CCLibrary has taken my battery from 100% to 0% in 45-50 minutes.

I have disabled file syncing, do not have any files stored in Adobe's cloud, and have stopped the Creative Cloud app from automatically launching at start up. There should be absolutely no reason for CCLibrary to even activate.

I'm using CC 5.6.5.58  and none of the solutions on this or any other thread has made the slightest difference. Surely some of the smart engineers at Adobe should have figured this out by now. The threads go back to 2020. Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines