• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync.app is not loading on OS Monterey - The message says the app is not supported on this Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delighted to get my new MacPro 16" - It's what Macs should have been 4 years ago, Still better late than never.

HOWEVER - I cant syn files and fonts with any of my Adobe Applications. On close examination I was able to establish that the Core Sync.app 4.21.1.1 does not work on the new Mac thus disabling the ability to sync fonts and files. Anyone else with this issue?

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.08.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.10.46 PM.png

 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Simple solution:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging

Uninstall Creative Cloud with specific M1 uninstaller available to download at the link above.

Re-install with the specific M1 installer further down in the link above. Open CC and wait a while, a message pops up requesting access for CorSync, give access and all magically works again - life is good again 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as of a few days ago that wasn't one of the known (to adobe) issues with os12, Known issues and solutions | macOS 12 Monterey (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw that. Adobe support was closed yesterday, When I get time I will try today or tomorrow and then update this post if I get any useful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1635696851957.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

Uninstall Creative Cloud with specific M1 uninstaller available to download at the link above.

Re-install with the specific M1 installer further down in the link above. Open CC and wait a while, a message pops up requesting access for CorSync, give access and all magically works again - life is good again 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@john How long does it take for the CorSync pop up? I followed all instruction to uninstall and reinstall but I am not seeing the CorSync pop up and my Creative Cloud is still not syncing. I am on the new M1 Pro MacBook running Monterey. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ModSocks It only took around a 30 seconds to a minute. During that time it seemed that nothing had changed. So I was initially concerned that it had not worked. Then 3-4 alert messages poped up and as soon as I had agreed to providing access everything instantly started working again.

One other thing that I had done before hand from a previous attempt to resolve this issue, and maybe that also helped too, is that I navigated to

Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

And deleted all the .db files. Then I went through the process above. It's possible that this also contributed to the matter being resolved.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not getting the pop ups, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall 3 times now.. When Creative Cloud launches It hangs and eventually a pop up appeared on the bottom of the app that says... 

Unable to sync. Install sync component and try again. Error Code 145

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recomendation is to use the help chat by logging in to your account online. The team there helped me and perhaps they will know the answer for your particular problem. It did not take that long when they helped me and it was worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started there before I found this article and they were no help.. I just wasted 3 hours re-installing CC and was told they would escalate this and come back to me. I'm still waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you click the link are you taken to an error log that shows the location/name of the problematic file?  if so, rename the file and retry installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, I am not. No error log, just a link for Error Code 145.

Im not receiving the popup to instal the extension.

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@doooooobin Adobe support chat helped me with this same issue using "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg" and then reintall of Creative Cloud. Did not take long. I recommend hitting the support chat and mention the cleaner tool. Problem was solved for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve tried with no luck. I am again now, but I am afraid I will have the same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out! In the utilities folder there was an adobe sync folder that cleaner was not removing. As soon as I deleted that folder and relaunched CC it installed core sync!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@doooooobin , Thank you soo much.

After deleting the folder "Adobe core sync" and then re-installing the CC. And it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, thank you for posting this. Struggled for at least an hour trying to figure out why my fonts weren't loading and files weren't syncing. Finally found this thread, which totally explains my issues after moving to a new MBP. This answer totally worked for me. Thank you SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be aware of known issues with Adobe apps on Monterey.  They are described below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos12-monterey-known-issues.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue which I think has occured since moving over to a new M1 Mackbbok Pro.  I suspect Apple's Migration Assistant has not helped here (despite good intentions) in that it's copied over Intel software and really this should have been resinstalled from scratch.  In the end (with some help from Adobe chat), we completely removed the CC suite and all the apps (using https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and then reinstalled CC desktop (look for the M1 version) then the individual apps.  Worked fine after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using migration tools is almost always going to lead to failure with all macs and all adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines