Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync High CPU Usage on Mac OS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been experiencing an issue where Core Sync Helper seems to be hogging all the CPU and making my fans go crazy. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2018 running the latest versions of everything (Mac OS 11.1).

I have tried this fix, where you delete a bunch of (cache) files, and it had solved it temporarily. A few hours later though, as I was idle, the process Core Sync Helper was running again and using most of the CPU (nearly 100%).

Anybody else experience this?

For now, the only thing that works is to force quit the process through Activity Monitor, and pause syncing in Creative Cloud. I need to sync however, as I sometimes switch to another computer.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this happen before you updated to Apple's BS operating system?

If no, you might want to downgrade your operating system until Adobe has time to catch up to BS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this did not seem to happen before the update, not that I recall. I've updated as soon as Big Sur came out and use Adobe software everyday. I'm no fan of downgrading to be honest... 

If it really is linked to this, I'll just wait it out. There's always bugs following big updates, so I was just wondering if anybody else has this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been noticing this as well. By checking my batterie usage I accidentally found out it was the Adobe Core Sync helper. Weird thing is that when I do a force quit, nothing happens. So whenever my computer has it tough again (macbookpro late 2019). I close core sync helper off. It is a nuisance though…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! 16" Macbook Pro running Big Sur, fully updated. CoreSync Helper hammering the machine (fans running hard etc.) even when syncing turned off in Adobe Creative Cloud. I was particulary nervous because I just had the logic board replaced due to a graphics processor fault that appeared after a few days of solid Photoshop work, along with the same hard-running fan symptom. (Glad it was under warranty!) I don't know if the two are linked, but to have the re-vitalised Macbbook running hot when it is not expected is not a chance I am willing to take.

After a lot of Googling, I was able to Force Quit all of the Adobe process via Activity Monitor (some kept popping back-up) and then use Adobe's CC Uninstaller (leaving Photoshop and Lightroom on the machine). Even after that, I needed to (re)move launch agents that still fired up CoreSync Helper in the absence of Creative Cloud being installed. YMMV, but I used the intructions here: https://www.ravbug.com/tutorials/stop-adobe-daemons/. *(Using CMD-SHIFT-G to search for the folders worked best, as they weren't all where the article indicated). It looks like it might cause a problem in keeping LR up-to-date (missing program reported), but both PS and LR still seem to be working. BTW: I don't use the Creative Cloud for storage, so no impact for me from that point of view, but I presume this is no solution for people that require syncing. I hope Adobe read these posts - I'm commenting so that the scope of the problem is reported, but I'd also love to hear if/when this issue is sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fix this problem in "Extentions". Go to System Preferences\Extentions. You need to turn off "Core Sync" in "Added Extentions" and "Core Sync Helper" in "Finder Extentions". Then reboot OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will probably get me booted off or trigger some mod--but since the only other relevant post for this issue dealing with Windows 10 users is locked, I just wanted to echo and get known that this bug is still on Win10 as of this post.

Specifically, CoreSync.exe causes Explorer.exe to run super high at about 40% cpu usage, while CoreSync.exe itself hovers around 15%. The second I kill Creative Cloud deskopt app or the CoreSynx.exe process? Explorer.exe returns to normal. These two are linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CoreSync app is the legit Adobe app, as confirmed by Opening File Location from Task Manager. This is a bug.

FireBert85_0-1616675153961.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines