Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CoreSync disk usage problem when synching files to external drive on Windows

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently bought an SD card for my Surface Book as my 256 gb SSD always ran out of space.

After moving all Creative Cloud Files to the SD card, I found out that the "CoreSync" folder in the AppData folder kept increasing in size.

I tried deleting it, which worked for a couple of days, only to find out that the app would again sync "3 files" for hours, filling up a whooping 52gb of disk space.

This process also affect the system performance as it writes a lot of data on the SSD, and most likely download whatever from the internet.

What can justify 52gb of CoreSync files when my CC files and libraries are only 30gb?

Any clues, tips or trick to workaround this annoying issue?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I would also love to have a way to fix this. We are only using ~40 gb of our 100 gb cloud space limit, but you somehow use the whole 100 gb on a computer when we sync files. It means that you are storing ~60 gb of temporary files for no apparent reason. I have to delete them everyday to make sure my SSD isn't full and it is a bit annoying. I even moved the Creative Cloud file location to another HDD, but CoreSync keeps syncing temporary files on the SDD.

Here is a good example of the expected behavior for a cloud sync feature: I have synced files from OneDrive (5 gb limit) on my SSD. I only use ~500 mb on the cloud and OneDrive only uses ~500 mb of disk space, with no temporary files stored anywhere.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines