• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Cloud prevents Win11 screen saver from activating.

Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've managed to mess it up again Adobe.  If I allow creative cloud to load and run in the system tray, it will prevent my Windows 11 screen saver from activating after 3 mins of inactivity ... this is a big deal for OLED monitor users (i.e. most professionals).

When exit CC (no longer running in my systray), my screen saver activates correctly after 3 mins of inactivity.  So CC is clearly doing something that prevents screen saver activation ... what sort of behind the users back tasks are you running Adobe?

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open the cc app > click all 4 icons.

test to see if your ssaver starts working again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Could you please open the Creative Cloud Desktop app and go to Help > About Creative Cloud and share the info from there in a screenshot? 

Please share the Adobe logs with us by uploading them to a cloud storage service & sharing a link with us to download the file via private message. We can share the info with the product team so that they can investigate the issue further.

Here is the link to get the Adobe logs:- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarun Saini 

if you're looking for users with similar problems, there are quite a few here https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/creative-cloud-desktop-preventing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kglad,

I appreciate you sharing the thread. Once I get all the information from the user and our engineering team, I will post the resolution.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great.

users from that thread have posted two solutions that provide work-arounds including the one i posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here:

Bob26196012yh0x_0-1663636786363.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rob Ainscough , @Deleted User

I hope you're doing well. Could you please open the Creative Cloud Desktop Application and click on the four buttons which are on the right-hand side of the app (Fonts, Notifications, Cloud and profile icon) & check if that helps? 

TarunSaini_0-1664795885853.png

You can also check this community link and try the steps mentioned in it:- https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/creative-cloud-desktop-preventing...

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if @Tarun Saini's suggestion fails, or you want a longer term solution to prevent the adobe cc app from interfering with your monitor sleeping, use the command line

powercfg /requestsoverride process "creative cloud.exe" display system

(solution supplied by @tsmith35x)

you can also exit the cc app (click upper left hamburger menu > file > exit cc app)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines