• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud app background process on macOS Ventura

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like how MacOS Ventura allows me to turn off background activity that I wasn’t aware existed. I’ve turned off everything Adobe including “auto update” in the Creative Cloud app. Yet I’m still receiving notifications about available updates. I realize I can turn off the notifications, but what I want is to turn off the fact the apps are checking for updates. How can I do this?

I’d like to put an end to any and all background activities so my machine is devoting all its power only to my work. I’m content to manually run the updater 2 or 3 times per year. I just don’t want it wasting resources to check for updates I have no intention of applying. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't via any adobe setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.
There may not be any settings to easily turn this off but the functionality must be happening via executable files buried somewhere in the OS. I’m hoping someone has an understanding of these files so I can delete them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's easier to uninstall everything adobe and then install your adobe apps directly.  now, that's not easy, but it's easier than continuing terminating all adobe background processes, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines