• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud app: installing older versions of apps

Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Whatever happened to the old CC App forum?)

I stupidly ran the CC Cleaner App which, unbeknowst to me, deleted everything. Plugins included. 

I'm on MacOS 10.13 and need to, yet again, install Photoshop etc, etc. Which is listed as Not Compatible. Show Older Apps is enabled in my CC App Preferences, but the three-dots-dopdown lists only Learn More.

?

UPDATE 9 November: the Creative Cloud lists older versions today?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

This has nothing to do with my MacOS;

Your issue has everything to do with your macOS version.

1. You're running macOS 10.13
  2. Through the Cloud desktop app, Adobe only offers the current version plus the last major version immediately prior to the current version. That is clearly explained here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/au/support/programs/cc-support-policy.html#cci
  3. Photoshop 2022 (current version 23.x)) is only compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
  4. Photoshop 2021 (version 22.x) is onl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been on this new forum for about 2 years

The Cloud manager will only show the current and ONE older version

I do not know how far back this process will go, but try...
Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process will
--only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. As you say: the CC app should list that one older version. It doesn't. That is precisely my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the one previous version, it won't show it in the old versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say. Let me reiterate: I removed my Creative Cloud app (and other Adobe apps). After re-installing the Creative Cloud app that crucial 'older version' of a given app is not available to me. That, specifically, is the issue. 
All of Adobe's help files explicitly state it should be available. It isn't. 

This has nothing to do with my MacOS; I'm not asking why the current versions cannot be installed. 
During a support Chat I was informed older versions are no longer available through the CC app. And yet those Help pages suggest otherwise ... and no-one here can confirm anything concrete either way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with my MacOS;

Your issue has everything to do with your macOS version.

1. You're running macOS 10.13
  2. Through the Cloud desktop app, Adobe only offers the current version plus the last major version immediately prior to the current version. That is clearly explained here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/au/support/programs/cc-support-policy.html#cci
  3. Photoshop 2022 (current version 23.x)) is only compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
  4. Photoshop 2021 (version 22.x) is only compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave or later

So, as stated above by @Peru Bob , you're not being offered any prior version to install because you're running an older, incompatible operating system.

Your options:

1. Upgrade to Catalina or later (if your hardware can handle it) and install the current version Photoshop 2022
  2. Upgrade to Mojave (if your hardware can handle it) and install the previous version Photoshop 2021
  3. Obtain an installer for Photoshop 2020 from Adobe (the last version to support macOS 10.13)
    Instructions here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2020-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thank you. This is a great explanation. My confusion arises from the fact that just a couple of weeks earlier the compatible version was available through the CC app. I suppose in the meantime Adobe pshed though another update. 

Catalina is okay on my Mac. Catalina and Creative Cloud practically bricks it. I've since ordered an M1 Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose in the meantime Adobe pshed though another update. 

Correct.

Adobe released the next major version of practically every key app in the Creative Cloud a week or so ago to coincide with its annual Adobe Max Creativity Conference - one of the biggest events in the Adobe calendar.

https://www.adobe.com/max.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. Funny, I was grappling with this issue at the same time.

So what gives? I OWN and pay for apps. I just want to update CS5 (.0 something). I cannot update to

the newest version because my OS is not compatible. Can't upgrade. I get the same: (MacOS 10.13 and need to, yet again, install Photoshop etc, etc. Which is listed as Not Compatible. Show Older Apps is enabled in my CC App Preferences, but the three-dots-dopdown lists only Learn More.) 

I just want to keep the version I own semi current in CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue with Photoshop and Illustrator on Windows 10.1904 -- CC is telling me that I need Windows 10.1909; I have 10.1904 and my IT department doesn't seem to know what to do? I didn't update the software within creative cloud, why all of a sudden is the version that I had been using no longer compatible? I can't do my job at all without Illustrator and barely squeeked by with InDesign yesterday. As a designer on an island, trying to bring graphics in-house at a law firm, even my boss is 100% clueless as to what I need or how urgent this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sarah,

If you can't update your Windows version, then you could try using the previous (Creative Cloud 2021) version of Illustrator etc, which only required V1809 of Windows 10 as a minimum, rather than V1909.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines