• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Cleaner Mac osVentura 13.2

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a member of Adobe Creative Cloud. I bought couple of days ago a new 14” MacBook Pro M1 macOS Ventura from Apple. I have transferred all apps and data from my old 27” iMac (Late 2013) macOS Catalina 10.15.7 using Migration Assistant for it. Creative cloud didn't transfer to my new computer and afteri reading Adobe's support web sites I understood that it would have been better not to do it that way, but remove Adobe apps installation before transfareing. 

Now I must use CC Cleaner to remove Adobe apps and components from my new MacBook Pro and only after having done it I could install Adobe apps to my new computer. When I open Finder I can see what Adobe programs I have on my computer.

They are: Adobe Help.app (it has been created 2014.03.29 so I think I can delete it), AdobePatchFiles folder (it is empty so I can delete it), AdobePatchFiles folder (it is empty so I can delete it), Watermark Sense.app (created 2014.11.01- edited 2015.10.03. do I need it any more?), Adobe Reader.app, Adobe Bridge 2022 folder, Adobe Creative Cloud folder, Adobe DNG Coverter.app., Adobe Lightroom Classic folder, Adobe Photoshop 2022 folder.

I have some questions concerning my Lightroom 11.5. Release, Camera Raw 14.5, Build (202208080927-8a575c91). When starting up  Lightroom, it uses this catalog: /users/eerohapponen/Pictures/Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2v10-v11.lrcat. Which folders and files CC Cleaner deletes in this Lightroom folder? If it deletes my Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2v10-v11.lrcat it is a disaster because then I will forever lose everything I have done over the years to my over 20.000 raw files in Lightroom. Please tell me which files and folders should be backed up so that I don't lose these files and folders if CC Cleaner deletes everything.

Then another question. There are several other folders and files inside Lightroom folder and I would like your advice which files are pointless that I can delete before using CC Cleaner? 

Lightroom Classic Catalog Helper.lrdata, Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2 Helper.lrdata, Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2-v10 Helper.lrdata, Lightroom Classic Catalog-2-v10-v-11 Helper.lrdata, Lightroom Classic Catalog-2-v10-v11 Previews.lrdata, Lightroom Classic Cataloq Smart Previews.lrdata, Lightroom Classic Catalog-2-v10-v11 Sync.lrdata, Lightroom Classic Catalog-2-v10-v11.lrcat, Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2-v10-v11.lrcat-data, Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2v-v10-v11.lrcat-shm, Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2-v10-v11.lrcat-wal,  Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2-v10-v11.lrcat.lock, Lightroom Classic Cataloq-2-v10.lrcat, Lightroom Classic Cataloq.lrcat, and a folder Lightroom Settings.

Thanks Eero Happonen

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

@Eero 

1. restore your new computer using the factory reset (check your computer's manual).

2. properly uninstall and clean everything adobe from your old computer

a. uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove- app.html

b. then uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging

c  clean your computer o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Sorry for the late answer. Problem is solved.

Eero

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eero,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, we have an article answering all your queries or doubts. Please go through the below article link properly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Also as you have new MacOS Ventura 13.2 , we also have an article to fix login item issues for Adobe Creative Cloud if you face any issues as such. Please refer below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/background-processes-macos.html

Please let us know if this helps, feel free to reach us anytime.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I visited yesterday on those websites you sent to dayt. This is the first
time I've had this issue even though this new MacBook Pro is my third Mac.
But what worries me and to which I would like to have an answer is this.

*Use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool for macOS**:*

*Paragraph 3 **c) Select an option from the menu in the upper right**. **For
example, select **CC Apps** if you want to uninstall a Creative Cloud app*.

If I select CC App and select Clean All. I suppose it means that if I
select that, there are no CC Apps (Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom Classic,
Adobe Lightroom, Bridge, Photoshop on iPad), on my new MacBook Pro’s hard
disk, right.

What I still would like to know is whether CC Cleaner deletes all Lightroom
files and catalogues which you can see in Finder: *User
name/Pictures/Lightroom**. *If so it means that I have lost all edits for
ever which I have done during years since Lihǵhtroom 2. I suppose that to
avoid it I should take a back up copy from those files and catalogs. Am I
right? How can I avoid this risk?

Eero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cleaner should remove installation files, not production files. nevertheless, i would play it safe and store all production files elsewhere before cleaning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the best solution would be:

restore your new computer using the factory reset.

properly uninstall and clean everything adobe from your old computer

migrate your adobe-free old computer to your new computer

properly install the cc desktop app on your new computer and use it to install your cc subscription and trial apps.

if you want details of how to do the above, let us know.

if you're going wing-it on your new computer, use the cleaner first and then delete what look like adobe files afterwards.  then install the cc desktop app and use it to install your subscription and trial apps.  but, as soon as you encounter problems, you should return to the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

Please send details.

T. Eero Happonen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eero 

1. restore your new computer using the factory reset (check your computer's manual).

2. properly uninstall and clean everything adobe from your old computer

a. uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove- app.html

b. then uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

c  clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

3. migrate your adobe-free old computer to your new computer

4.  properly install the cc desktop app on your new computer and use it to install your cc subscription and trial  apps.

a. install the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at      https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

b. use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late answer. Problem is solved.

Eero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear!  (what solved the problem?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines