• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop app making my CPU run at maximum frequency all the time!

Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when my computer is idling, all CPU cores are running at around 5 GHz (Intel i9-11900 CPU).

I could not figure out what was going on. I tried changing the Windows power settings, plus numerous options in BIOS, and nothing worked. Finally I read an online post to check which app or process was using the most CPU bandwidth. When I turned off Creative Cloud, my CPU frequency instantly dropped down to around 1.5 GHz.

I don't think the Cloud app should force the CPU to run at max Hz all the time. This seems to be a big bug that Adobe need to squash, but just like the bugs in Adobe Bridge that haven't been fixed for several months, I won't be holding my breath on this one either.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Glutenus Max ,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Would you mind telling us the version of the operating system and the Creative Cloud you're using? Please go to the Creative Cloud Desktop Application > Help > About Creative Cloud and share the complete information as a screenshot. Since when have you been seeing this issue? Make sure your operating system is fully updated without any pending updates.

If you don't use file sync a lot, you may disable the file syncing by:-

1. Open Creative Cloud.
  2. Go to the Preferences Panel.
  3. Select the syncing tab.
  4. Click Pause Syncing.
  5. Confirm the changes.
  6. Restart the PC.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud Application. Before you install the latest version of the Creative Cloud app, it's important to fully uninstall the application. Follow these steps to perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of the application.

• Close all currently open Adobe products.

• In the Creative Cloud app, click the profile icon.

• Click Sign Out in the pop-up window.

Open the Task Manager and quit all Adobe processes. Be sure the following processes are closed:

• Creative Cloud process
  • Adobe CEF Helper
  • Adobe Desktop Service
  • AdobeIPCBroker
  • Adobe Installer
  • AdobeUpdateService
  • AdobeServiceInstaller
  • CreativeCloud(URIHandler)
  • AAM Updates Notifier
  • CCLibrary
  • node
  • CoreSync

Use the Creative Cloud Uninstaller to remove the application from your system.https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html after that, restart your computer & reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and attempt to help me. It's very much appreciated.

In reference to your questions above, I only noticed the problem yesterday, but I have no idea how long it has been going on.

There is an outstanding Windows Update which has not been installed. However, this is because the last update corrupted something in Windows and it will not install. Thousands of people have reported the exact same problem, but there has been no response from Microsoft so far. The general concensous is that re-installing Windows is about the only way to fix this issue at the moment, and I neither have the time nor inclination to do a full Windows install right now.

Based on previous comments about this Cloud app issue, I don't expect deleting and re-installing Adobe Cloud will fix the problem, but I will deffinitely give it a try.

I will need to restart Windows in order to provide you with the requested screenshot, which I will do later on, as Adobe Cloud is not currently running.

My OS is: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, version 21H2, build 19044.1586.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that seems to work, is not loading the Creative Cloud Desktop app at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still encountering the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to and working with our support directly as a next step. They can be reached here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding your Windows Update problem, you should try the steps to run DISM.exe and SFC.exe, outlined by Microsoft, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corr...
This will attempt to fix information relating to updates, and to possible corrupted files in Windows (it is not 'All Powerful' but in my experience it can fix a lot of strange behaviour in Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud Desktop had been using 45% CPU according to Task Manager on my Windows 10 Pro PC (i7 4GHz, 64GB, 3TB SSD).

Attempting to uninstall from Settings | Apps offered a choice of Uninstall or Repair. Repair seems to have uninstalled ant then reinstalled, and reduced CPU use when Creative Cloud Desktop is in the Tray to less than 0.2%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines