• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud desktop app no longer starts & is missing from my toolbar

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my Creative Cloud application (Creative Cloud.Exe) will not start and there is no CC app icon in my toolbar.  I am running Windows 7.1 and all of my other Creative Cloud applications (e.g, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere pro, etc) function properly except that in Photoshop ( Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.1 20191106.r.47 2019/11/06: 3152b481f18 x64)  just today Fonts that I was using yesterday are reported as missing.    The CC app icon has been missing from my toolbar for months, but I didn't think anything of it till today when in trying to re-activate the fonts I found that I couldn't start the CC application.

I have a desktop shortcut to Creative Cloud.Exe (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.Exe) but it no longer starts;  double clicking on it or navigating to the directory itself and Right click>Run as administrator produces no effect.  The app simply does not start.  So I have 2 problems:

1. Creative Cloud application no longer works at all

2. All fonts that I have activated via Creative cloud are now considered missing.  

I would appreciate help on how to correct these problems.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Also if this is the wrong place for this post, please direct me to where I should post it.  Thanks

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Very soon after I posted the above message, I found a link to download the CC app uninstaller and selected the "Repair" option as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

This fixed both problems for me;  CC app icon is back on my toolbar and the app itself works and all previously installed fonts are now recognized.  Hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very soon after I posted the above message, I found a link to download the CC app uninstaller and selected the "Repair" option as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

This fixed both problems for me;  CC app icon is back on my toolbar and the app itself works and all previously installed fonts are now recognized.  Hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines