Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop app won´t sync

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my Creative Cloud App won´t snyc my files.

There´s no error, it simply don´t work. It tried to reinstall, but nothing happened.

The Online files are not being refreshed.

Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Hi all,

I have same problems too. Couple of weeks ago I had some memory related problems with my mac, it crashed every once in a while without any particular reason. I removed all login items, and then it started to work fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled CC, file syncing is on, no error messages, nothing syncs. Fonts syncs fine. New CC update didn´t fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am having the same issue. Phlenders, if you can post some information like the ones that I have posted below - helps debugging

Software Name and Version: Creative Cloud  1.1.2.232

OS Name and Version: Windows 8 Version 6.2 (Build 9200) and Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 01)

Problem:  Creative Cloud does not recognise any updated files or new files in the Creative Cloud folder on my laptop and desktop PC running OS's as described above respectively.

Temporary Work-Around: Upload files one-by one via logging in to the web version (tedious, i know, especially if there are folders involved).

Description: I worked on an Uni assignment at Uni today on my Windows 8 machiene and saved the assignment in my creative cloud folder. I launched the creative cloud .exe file to get it to sync on the Uni network (which I havent had a problem with until today). It launches as normal, but it won't detect any new/updated files in the creative cloud folder. I logged into the cloud via the website and it had not detected my new and updated files. I went home and tried to sync the files on my home network, but alas it did not work. I tried on my desktop Windows 7 machine and it had the same problem. 

Message was edited by: Jhyt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly the same problem on Windows 7 !

Look exactly as when the whole CC sync went down this spring - and we waited for month before getting this option back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seems to be solved now.

I just checked, and all my files are in sync again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is soooo annoying. I quit the sync option of my files in the creative cloud. More than once it was quite a hassle to get everything all right again. As of today I'll use my good old dropbox again. Never ever had a syncing problem with that one!

Too bad adobe! You can't afford offering a paid service which doesn't work properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Run the Creative Cloud Uninstaller, then redownload and install Creative Cloud from the Adobe website on Win7 + Win8 seems to have solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Mac only. I've tried so about 2 weeks ago and now and then it works but most of the time it doesn't. So I'm done with sync via creative cloud. Don't have time for installing, reinstalling again and again. It would be the 3rd or 4th time in a couple of months. I may try it in about a year once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of days ago I did run the CC uninstaller, redownloaded and re-installed as described.

No changes whatsoever. No sync at all.

Now dropbox works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, 2 days ago....... an update of the creative cloud desktop app.........

Of course this issue would have been resolve........ at least, that's what I hoped for.........

Nope.

Nothing changed........

Hey Adobe guys......... I know it's not an easy job you have but I don't mind if you somehow respond to this topic........... shame on you you didn't up until now!!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I also have the same issue since yesterday.

None of my computers at work (win7), home (win8) or notebook (vista) can sync files with Creative Cloud.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Creative Cloud... but nothing happens.

Also disabled and re-enabled files syncing. Still not working.

It's like if some kind of CC service couldn't start, because Creative Cloud shows the [Files] page used when sync files is not enabled.

Some days ago it started to stop syncing when trying to sync some conflict files, but i could restart the service normally.

All my CC software and SO are updated to last versions and SP.

Any help from Adobe?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issues.....going on 2 weeks now.  I've had Adobe remote ito my Mac 7 times.  They keep installing and uninstalling......still nothing.  When it downloads, I open it and get the circle and it freezes there.  So sick of this.  I'm behind 4 photo shoots and can't edit aything.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as phlenders.

Adobe... what´s happening?

In another forum there was one of the moderator saying that this was known by adobe:

1.Ken G. Rice,

Oct 23, 2013 11:17 AM   in reply to jerzero

Yes. There is an announcement about this on the main Creative Cloud forum page athttp://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud.

But there's no further information about it.

Also not official communication from adobe.

Is this is a known issue, then we al users should be informed immediately by email... instead of having us looking for a solution by ourselves, expending precious time.

Does anybody has more information about this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone heard anything new? I am the latest victim of the no CC Sync problem. Adobe.....? Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Windows 8.1. Files will not sync with the cloud...the client says "all files are up to date", but NOTHING has been synced. I've tried turning sync off and then back on again, moving the targeted CC directory, clearing the drive and moving fresh files in.....nothing. It won't sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2014 Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still in the same boat. Only seems to work once in a blue moon. Have been using Dropbox and cringeworthy Skydrive as backups to CC' incompetence. I really hope that this issue is fixed soon. Definitiely not happy with paying AUS$25.00 per month for this package. This needs to be fixed ASAP or I am going to have to cancel my subscription fee. I cannot afford throwing $25 away seeing as I am an IT University student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

first of all, my apologies that you have not had any response on this thread.  I'd like to get an understanding of the current situation for those who raised an issue with file syncing. Please let me know via this thread, so I can contact you directly and start to get this resolved for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Team CC won't sync either. We tried on multiple macs from different team members. Syncing can be stopped in the preferences. Then the blue button with "start sync" appears like always but after clicking it nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derekajack,

The problem I have been confronted with (and I am sure that many others have too) is that the Desktop App for Creative Cloud does not detect changes in its folder (I am using the default Creative Cloud Files folder location). I have completely uninstalled Creative Cloud, removed the "Creative Cloud Files" folder from my hard drive and did a clean re-download and installation. After a reboot of my computers, CC fails to recognise changes in the Creative Cloud folder. This problem occurs on both my Windows 7 and 8.1 machines - see my first post in this thread for details.

Edit: I just uninstalled CC again so I can do a clean reinstallation (via Windows' "Add or Remove a Program") and a popupbox appears saying that it "Uninstalled with errors". What does this mean? It does not direct me or suggest a location of a .log file that would detail the errors.

Message was edited by: Jhyt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derekjack, I am having issues syncing as well.  It just started happening a few days ago, and im wondering if it has something to do with the Mavericks update 10.2.  I first noticed the issue on my work mac, after the update.  My macbook followed suit shortly after. 

Like other users, i get the message of what CC Files does and the blue "open folder" button, along with a creative cloud button.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

applications will not start downloading after removing all cc apps and Creative Cloud desktop and running cc cleaner. Everything worked fine until Adobe desktop app was updated.

The cc desktop doesn't seems to completly install.

Using Windows 7

HP Pavillion Quad core 8 GB Ram

Ron Curry

roncurry@rcvideos.com

Reply to;

rcurrymobile@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With almost 5000 views of this topic within one year, Ron, I'm afraid you may just forget it will ever sync properly.

How I resolved this issue?
I bought myself a Synology 214+ NAS server (very good price quality) with a cloud facility embedded. This works just fine with all the files you need to sync.

Until that time, I just used dropbox. Free, easy and fast syncing! Only limited storage. Not with Synology though.

Hope this may help you switching from one place to the other and still having your work in progress synced and fully available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the 'having issues' boat also.  Sync has not worked for the past few days and is starting to become a problem. I also just get the standard screen with buttons to Open Folder or CreativeCloud.com.

This is on both an iMac nad MacBook Pro, both running Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, not made any updates to either system in the past few days.

Not the first time I have been without sync for a number of days.  It probably happens once every 2 or 3 months.

CC Sync has proven to be unreliable over the duration of my subscription, nearly 2 years, without any improvement and I'm comptemplating moving all my files to a paid for reliable dropbox account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting your updates.  I'll reach out to you to start capturing log files that will help us move towards understanding your issue.  Please expect to hear from us over the next couple of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix to this issue? I have had this issue for a couple days now on a mac and a windows. All software is fully updated. There are no errors it just will not sync. I've tried quitting, reopening, reinstalling, restarting. Nothing works. Whats going on?

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi derekajack,

I'm also experiencing the same problem as reported. I'm using Windows 7 and Mac. Files won't sync, it shows an error sometimes but most of the time it just get stucked syncing but nothing's happening.

I need this fixed as soon as possible, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines