• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop preventing PC from going to sleep

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started to have the problem where Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop prevents my Computer from entering sleep mode. Normally my screen turns off after 5 minutes and the PC will go to sleep after 20 minutes, but CC recently started to prevent this.

I have confirmed that CC Desktop is the culprit by using the following command:

powercfg -requests

which outputs the following:

DISPLAY:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe
Video Wake Lock

SYSTEM:
None.

AWAYMODE:
None.

AUSFÜHRUNG:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

When I kill the Creative Cloud procress, my computer is able to go to sleep again.

Why does this occurr and how can I fix this?

Diagnostic info:

Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.795) x64

Creative Cloud Desktop (5.8.0.592):

• Applications: 5.8.0.592
  • CCX process: 4.10.0.39
  • CC library: 3.20.5.20

Log collector filename: AdobeLogs_20220801_035626_314-win-GS.zxp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Thanks for the reply with the MVP information. I used this command line (mentioned by others here) via CMD and fixed it on one of my computers:

powercfg /requestsoverride process "creative cloud.exe" display system

Again, I only did this on one computer. The other computer was left as-is out of curiosity. I finally decided to see what might be causing the video wake lock from Creative Cloud. As it happens, I didn't find the root cause, but I *did* nail down that the fix for this issue do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try pausing sync'ing and see if that solves the problem

open the cc desktop app > click the hamburger menu at top left > file > preferences > syncing > pause syncing

kglad_1-1659454879538.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried pausing syncing, but that sadly didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explicitly enter sleep mode (with win 10, that would be start button>power>sleep)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can enter sleep mode but after a couple of seconds, my PC wakes back up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something's not right.  i have no trouble with sleep mode in win 10 and the cc desktop app.

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try updating your video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, Sleep Mode is pure poison. It causes unwanted problems I don't wish to deal with.  Best advice, disable Sleep Mode.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a helpful nor a constructive answer. Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop should not interfere with sleep mode settings without the user's consent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an awful response. Computers should be able to sleep without issue. If it causes unwanted problems with Adobe software, that's Adobe's fault. Computers not going to sleep wastes a tremendous amount of energy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@James24319805on3s , did you fix the problem using the posted solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let the monitor sleep instead of the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the purpose of sleep mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Video Wake Lock, and I can't get the monitor to sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the issue as well. Mine can't either sleep or just turn off display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Main solution is to quit CC from the menu, not form the red X upper right. however, Mine had the problem again today, PC had been Ok then sleep mode stopped working. CC was not running. I checked with the powercfg command and it showed CC was blocking sleep. I opened CC, quit via the menu and it now sleeps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maveisnobody

@tsmith35x's

powercfg /requestsoverride process "creative cloud.exe" display system

appears to be a long term solution according to @tsmith35x 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User, did you reset? repair? reinstall? clean reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, before I posted my query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - all was working pretty well and now Adobe is blocking my PC from Screen Saver and Sleep.

It all happened when they pushed the "Remove background with one click" update. When I cleared that notification all went back to normal but even after a reboot it persists.

Tested on Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro (existing and new PC build this weekend).

Hope Adobe fixes this asap.

"Be careful of what people tell you. Conjecture, personal opinion and unproven experience doesn't always contribute to a solution for the customer" - Me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might add that going through each notification in CC has led to the below to clear. Would be funny if a notification is causing the blocks.

[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe
Video Wake Lock

"Be careful of what people tell you. Conjecture, personal opinion and unproven experience doesn't always contribute to a solution for the customer" - Me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the vast majority of us are not seeing that problem, so it's unlikely it's the adobe cc app alone causing the problem.  further, there are reports of this issue going back, at least, 5 years, so it's unlikely a near future adobe action is going to fix this problem for those of you that are seeing this problem.

try the suggestions in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just proved this on 3 different machines with 3 different flavors of Windows, each time with Adobe causing the issue.

[Insults removed by moderator.]

"did you reset? repair? reinstall? clean reinstall?" - genius at work here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines