• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud File Makes the File System Slow

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been having to deal with this issue ever since I upgraded my computer and install a different OS. I haven't had this issue on Windows 7 but CC on Windows 10 has been annoying with CC Files. But after dealing with the issue quite frequently while I'm working on a project that requires a lot of manual file operations, I decided to post on the forums.

Whenever I save a file, create a new file, rename a file, create a new folder, rename a folder, or do any file system operations inside the creative cloud folder. Explorer gets really slow until CC is done with whatever it's doing. This also causes an issue where CC says it's unable to sync a file if I rename a file while CC is still syncing the file with the original name.

Is there any way to fix this? I tried deleting the local CC Files database and reinstalling CC. I also don't have any other cloud storage software on my computer at the moment but I'm on the verge of moving to a different cloud storage platform or just make a local file storage server.

CC Version: 4.0.0.46

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x

Ram: 64GB @ 2133MHz

Storage Drive with the CC Folder: Samsung SSD 960 Evo 250GB

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have that problem, even when using slow internet connections. I'm using i7 and Xenon processors on Windows 7 and Windows 10, have only 16Gb ram and am using even one computer without SSD. That one is painfully slow with OS and programs starting, but not on other operations. Cloud files are synced on the fly.

You could try creating a free Dropbox account with 2 Gb of free disk space or the same with Google, just to test, if that works faster. Please report back.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines