• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud File Sync Memory Leak

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The latest update for the CC file sync uses up an insane amount of ram memory (up to 1G+) when file syncing. So much so that it keeps on freezing my computer or making it so slow to be unbearable. I always have to turn off CC now or I can't use my computer.

I may not have the newest computer but I have a Macbook Pro with 4G of RAM, not too bad either. The file sync should work quietly and unobtrusively in the background, like Dropbox and not hog all my memory no matter how many files I have to sync. It can probably be set so it only actively syncs a lot when it detects that the user is not using the computer.

Being a paying customer, I of course wish that CC could work splendidly well. Unfortunately, I still have to rely on Dropbox because of CC's undependability and massive memory problems. The CC programs are great but honestly, so far the file sync has given me nothing but frustration. Please catch up soon.

Please fix this asap so it can be usable. Thank you.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and have an internal bug open for this issue, bug number 394897. i cannot provide any further information right now as .we are still working on this issue.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CuckooOrange,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Are you still seeing the behavior? Does signing out of the Creative Cloud app and back in again make any difference (Gear icon > Preferences > Account tab in the General section)? Can you check the version from the preferences just to ensure you have the latest release, 1.5.1.369?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, I'm getting the same issue Core Sync is chewing up crazy amounts of memory until I run out of paging memory. Kills my machine.

I'm running the lastest revision 1.8.1.451

Have signed in and signed out and done a complete reinstall removing all prefs and the OOBE folder etc.

I have dropped a large amount of files into the file sync CC folder which seems to forcing the memory leak. Will try removing them to see what happens.

Running Yosemite

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 2

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05

SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this problem begin when you upgraded to Yosemite?  There are major memory leak issues that we've been trying to make Apple aware of for the past week (mainly around Mail.app); the only reason I'm responding here is because what you're describing sounds almost identical to the issues experienced with the Mail.app.  I was running Ps, Ai and Dw simultaneously (along with Bridge) during my daily workflow...I also had Mail.app open at the same time and no problems ever...until I upgraded to Yosemite. The Mail.app would suddenly race to 60 GB (yes that's sixty) of memory usage, freezing the system; I also found it was very difficult to run more than one CC app at a time, and I would have to constantly clean the memory with Memory Clean.  Are you also using Mail.app?  Could be unrelated but, this is how we troubleshoot.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a very similar problem although my issue is directly related to CC Core Sync. I had dropped some 400 MB to 1 GB GoPro files into my CC sync folder that was triggering the issue. As soon as I took them out of the sync folder, no issues at all.

Guess I was stress testing the CC Sync a bit too heavily!

sf d-)=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Core Sync takes 30gb of RAM and 300gB virtual memory.

Machine is complaining about disk space and ram, neither of wich it lacks.

I'm on Mac OS X Lion, with a 12 core MacPro, 28 gB of ram, 500 gB SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave up on trying to sync large files.

Works fine now.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Core Sync is using up 60GB on my 48GB machine.  My suggestion is either do a rollback or fix this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and have an internal bug open for this issue, bug number 394897. i cannot provide any further information right now as .we are still working on this issue.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wharress,

We run files in InDesign 2015 off an FTP server in our place of work and almost every machine experiences memory leaks making many computers unusable. Many of our machines are Mac, some with 4 GBs of ram others with 8 GBs but neither is immune to the memory issue. I just wanted an update on the progress of Adobe on this issue. Our IT department has been purging the RAM of machines who are at their limit but it is a temporary fix. Will you be able to update us on the progress? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are still currently looking into this issue, we have an internal bug open for this issue. 3948971

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd add my observations to the mix. This is killing my workflow.

iMac Intel Core i5/ 8GB RAM OS10.9.5

On startup there's usually ~2GB of RAM being used.

I get this alot 01.png

Now its almost 3GB...

02.png

Opening and closing Muse/Photoshop this is what's still available

wheres my RAM?04.png

Both apps relaunched, running.

both apps running05.png

Quit both PS and Muse...here's what's now available in RAM.

No Adobe apps running05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its Nov. 2019 and I have the same issue even now, CC is using up all my disk space and the CPU is cranked and the hard drive is maxed at 100%.  When are you going to fix this BUG?  I have to kill all Adobe apps in the Task Manager to get anything done.

This happens every time I start my computer for the first hour or more. And I'm paying $29.99 a month to deal with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines