• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud file sync super slow on new Mac running Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting up a new Mac that is running Big Sur.  My CC has about 70gb of files stored in the cloud.  I'm three days into the sync and only 25 gb has downloaded to the Mac.  This seems way tooooo slow.  I've seen a number of answers about uninstalling/reinstalling but didn't want to proceed in case this is a Big Sur/CC issue.  Never had this problem before on a similar Mac running Catalina. All the CC files are current, sync profile is set to maximum speed, no other cloud services that I use are experiencing this kind of sluggish performance. 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always wait to update your Mac operating system until you verify that the non-Apple programs you use are going to work properly... not only Adobe programs, the 2nd link below is about Avid... aimed at video editing, but it is a warning for ALL non-Apple program users
https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/can-i-run-my-adobe-applications-in-macos-11-big-sur/...
https://ymcinema.com/2020/11/15/premiere-pro-and-avid-editors-do-not-upgrade-to-macos-big-sur-yet/
https://tidbits.com/2020/11/13/big-sur-is-here-but-we-suggest-you-say-no-sir-for-now/

I do NOT know if these links will work with sur
https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina or
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/v

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this Mac Come with B S factory installed? If not Why did you install this newer version of MacOS on it?

In any event the speed of getting files from the Internet, Downloading, depends on both YOUR Internet Speed, Download Speed, and the connection speed of the Server you are downloading from. And then you have the overall speed of the Path these downloads have to travel Over and Across the Internet.

Whatever your reported Internet speed is, which is listed in Mbs (Mega bits, there are 8 bit to a byte) Divid that number by 8 and then you have the True MB speed of your connection. Divid that 70 GBs by the MB speed of your connection and you will come up with how long it will take to copy those files from the Adobe servers to your computer.

a 100 Mb a second connection will only, at Best, move 12.5 MBs a second to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the internet speed as measured by an internet speedometer type app or the throughput rate shown on the WiFi connection by the Mac?  Internet speed is nominal 1 gigabyte and typically measures 600 to 800 MBs using google or verizon speedometers. Throughput under the WiFi menu on Mac is typically 350 mbs.  

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you enabled the firewall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The firewall is enabled.  Is this good or bad?  Thank you for responding to my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this thread because i was getting sync speeds of 200 Kb, after turning firewall off, it jumpt to normal download speeds, so I added an exeption for creative cloud. It fixed the slow sync for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines